5 ; new day

[dan]

dan's eyes drifted over to phils seat.

a girl was sat on phils lap and there lips were connected.

dan scoffed, of course phil was already trying to get in some girls pants again.

he sighed thinking of tyler. he honestly felt bad for his brother, dan knows how insecure he is about his body- since he was trans.

dan didn't get why phil did it in the first place, phil was his bestfriend- and getting in bed with his brother was disrespectful and rude.

especially when you do it with them and move onto someone else right infront of them.

"daniel!" mrs. roth's voice boomed, dan shot his head up to see his classmates snickering and mrs. roth fuming at the question on the board she must have asked him.

"answer the question i just asked, and i would like to see you after class." she huffed, dan peered his eyes away from phil towards the board.

he read the lettering on the board immediately noticing the play was by shakespeare.

"that line is from Shakespeare ma'am." dan replied quietly.

mrs. roth nodded smiling and continued her lesson normally.

-

after class dan walked up to mrs. roth's desk, tugging at the end of his hoodies sleeve.

"you wanted to see me miss?" he asked nervously.

"hey dan, i just wanted to see if you were okay. you are my top student and you've been slacking, like you were distracted by something." she said softly.

dan bit his lip roughly, dan thought for a moment- he sighed putting his hand through his curly hair tangling it up.

"family problems is all." he said lowly.

"well, i am always here to talk if you need too, and you know we have a school councillor here  right?" she asked giving dan a sympathetic smile.

dan nodded and thanked her for concern and mrs. roth just smiled.

-

in the halls dan went to the third floor where the library and staff rooms were.

no one usually hung up here except for dan's old group of friends.

he was about to leave until he saw them all sitting in a corner talking about something that they were all interested in.

they didn't notice him until he coughed and all of there heads turned towards dan.

dodie stood up abruptly running over to dan, she hugged him tightly.

"is that dan howell i see? the mr to-popular-for-my-old-friends guy?" louise joked.

dan chuckled and dodie finally released from the hug. she hit dans arm and dan held back his arm.

"what was that for?" dan asked holding the red spot on his arm.

"that's for not trying to communicate with us for two months!" dodie told him waving her hands at him.

dan chuckled rolling his eyes and sat down next to chris and louise.

troye looked over at dan, "so what brings you here howell?" troye asked.

"how long is break?" dan asked.

"its twenty nine minutes, why?" chris pointed out. dan huffed.

"this is a long story so.." dan began.