23 ; the kids are back

[dan]

"hey." dodie said, her room dark her face only visible from the little light on her laptop.

troye said a small 'hi.' chris doing the same. both of their screens were light.

"dan, why did you leave?" louse frowned, her blonde curls bouncing on her chest. dan sighed, peering out his window. no cars drove down his street, the moon shined brightly.

"i couldn't stand the stress anymore." dan whispered, barely audible. but dan had headphones in, so they heard it.

louises normal happy face, was gone. her bright flushed cheeks, were pale as white. her usual bright eyes, were darker than usual.

chris' cocky self, was hidden away. not wanting to trigger dan at all, troye still looked the same just a bit worried and had giant bags under his eyes.

dodie looked sad, it looked like she hasn't slept for a while. worry and guilt fit in her eyes, remembering that she talked to dan before he ran away.

dan gulped, looking back at the pixelated screen. "w-well, the thursday night before i left. i was at the park near my house, i was sitting on the slide. i was upset, p-phil" his lip quivered. "p-phil took me to his place, i dont know why i accepted. i was just upset so he took me back. d-dodie remember when i told you 'sex is a good stres reliever'?" dodie nodded at dans words.

"phil told me that before having-" dans breath hitched. "before we had sex. he told me he cared about me, the next day at school he told me he didn't and then i just.. i got a fake id not knowing that cameron and ethan put trackers in t. i bought alcohol, drank my problems away and decided i was going to leave. i left that night. i got lost in the forest a couple days after that, phil found me on a cliff side. i can barely remember it, i apparently jumped off. phil caught me, but i banged my head on the rocky side of the cliff.. and you guys probably know the rest." dan ranted, turning towards the
window so his friends couldn't see him cry.

"oh my god, dan. i'm so fucking sorry about talking about you." chris said, pouting and dan could see regret flash in his eyes.

"dan oh my gosh." troye whispered, pain full in his voice holding a hand to his face.

"y-you were going to end it, ri-right there." dodie mumbled, eyes watering.

"oh darling, you shouldn't have left. we could have comforted you and-" louise began, worry mixing in with sadness as tears fell from her eyes.

"stop!" dan shouted, "i don't need your pity!" he shouted, not loud enough for his family to wake up, his sudden mood swing scaring his friends.

chris was about to talk again, but dan shut his laptop which made the skype call end. dan chucked it onto his desk, not enough to break it. dan punched his wall, anger fuming inside of himself for no reason.

the wall smashed open, dans eyes widening. "fuck i need to get out of here." dan mumbled, going to open his window. dan struggled only to realize there was a lock on it.

dan groaned, looking down to realize he was only in his boxers. dan didn't care, to tired to get dressed. he opened his door, it not making a sound at all.

he walked down the carpeted stairs, no sound being made. dan grabbed the single house key, unlocking his door. the cold breeze hit him, making him regret not wearing pants.

dan locked the door, and began jogging. the same way out of town.

-

dans journey brought him to the lester household, he noticed phils parents car in the driveway when he went around the house to where phils window was.