18 ; sleep tight

trigger warning: attempted suicide.
stay safe pals.

[dan]

the rain ruffly hit the ground, the dirt becoming more of a liquid than a solid.

lightning erupted from above the trees as rain began to fall more frequently.

the winds hit the trees making them sway back and forth, the leaves shaking and erupting from the springs wind.

dan stood still, still admiring the sight i front of him as rain landed on his dirt covered self.

he still felt relieve and was almost happy at the sight, but didn't feel much emotion.

the sight in front of dan people wouldn't think it was beautiful in this weather, they would rather have people stay far away from it.

but dan just stared, an emotionless (creepy) smile was on his face at the sight.

in front of him was a cliff, that dropped further than a hundred feet and at the bottom of that was a river.

the river rushed clashing together with the waves, the water violent as they fought for battle from the winds.

broken down trees and logs were rushing down the river, the wind had made rocks fall into the river and dan watched as they fell down the side and landed into the rushing river.

dan knew for a fact that this river lead to a deadly waterfall that was usually maintained in the summer time but during spring it was closed from the waters being to violent.

dan knew that a drop like this would kill him, because jumping from water at this height feels like you're hitting cement.

and if the drop didn't kill him, the waters would.

dan let his bag fall from his shoulders, it hitting the ground ruffly making the mud splash a little. the droplets hitting dans calfs.

dan was five feet away from death, and he didn't care.

he didn't feel anything, he didn't feel scared, intimidated, worried, or anything really.

these were going to be the last minutes of dans life.

dan breathed in deeply, taking in all the smells he could. the forest, rain and wilderness smells mixing together.

dan looked behind him, looking at the trees as the branches swayed hitting each other often.

he felt the wind blow on the side of his face making him cringe at the way his hair felt from this.

dan took in all he could, finally turning around to see his fate.

he let out a harsh breath before taking a step forward, a flash of his childhood appeared in his eyes.

when zoe was only four and cut her hair by herself. all of the awkward uneven patches sticking out of her head.

dan remembers how upset olivia was, but she quickly got over it because who could stay mad at a four year old?

dan took a step once again, another flash of his childhood when he was riding a bike and fell off on top of phil who tried to stop him but failed, which ended up in dans lips colliding with phils lips.

they never really talked about that memory, but dan always remembered it because phils lip tastes of cherry from the lip balm he used earlier that day.

dan took another step, his muscles getting tight and denying to move with each step.

it seemed as dans life started to flash through his eyes but stopped as he was on the edge.