10 ; leave me

[dan]

"what. the. fuck."

there in his parents bed, was a blonde barbie like girl, not to younger than olivia.

olivia had tears running down her face, makeup smudged and disgust twisted into her face.

ryan was putting on a shirt to cover his half-naked body that was only covered by his boxers.

the girl was currently smiling smugly at olivia, which made dan want to puke.

"please liv, i can explain!" ryan exclaimed as he started walking towards his wife.

"no ryan, don't fucking 'liv' me. why the fuck is there a girl in our bed?" olivia shouted, not watching her profanity at all.

"olivia, please." ryan said walking closer but olivia stomped up to him.

"so what, i meant nothing to you? you were so devoted ryan, what the hell happened? do you know what? go. leave. i don't want a man whore raising my children." she screamed.

dan squeezed his eyes shut.

happy thoughts, happy thoughts. this will be over soon. its all just a dream. dan repeated in his head over and over.

"so be it." ryan snapped back at her.

olivia stormed out of the room, leaving ryan to pick up a suit case and start packing.

the blonde bimbo joining along to help him pack, telling him confident things such as the lines as "you didn't need her anyways." or "come live with me, you'll be better off there."

dans eyes welled with tears, but quickly blinked them away.

stay strong for your family, wipe your emotions away and go find mum. dan quickly thought.

"you're disgusting." dan snarled before slamming his parents bedroom door and rushing downstairs to see his mum sobbing in the lounge, sitting on the couch.

face in her hands, dans heart nearly broke at the sight of his mother.

he quickly rushed over and tackled her with a warm, lovingly hug.

she sobbed into his shoulder until they heard footsteps coming down.

olivia stood up wiping the existing tears away and walked over to the stairs.

"get the fuck out." olivia said, voice angered but dan could see sadness in her eyes.

ryan and the blonde chick left leaving olivia and dan alone.

"what happened to us dan?" olivia asked curling up into a blanket on the couch.

"us?" dan mimed, wondering what she meant.

"what happened to our family?" she asked again.

"i don't know." dan replied, rather confused.

they used to be the happiest family ever; care free, non judgemental and always open with one another.

now it feels like the opposite.

"tyler has been getting bullied at school, zoe will never take her eyes off the television and you.." she trailed off.

"well i don't know what happened to you, it feels like you've kind of shut yourself away from us dan." olivia said, cheeks stained with tears.

dan nodded, biting his lip. had he changed a lot lately? if so he didn't notice.

"am i not a good enough mum?" olivia asked, her voice full of sadness.

"what? no, no, no. you are the perfect mum!" dan explained, turning towards her grabbing her hands.