I walked into the kitchen despite not wanting any breakfast, and found Matías leaning against one of the counters holding a cup of coffee. Damn, he drinks coffee a lot.

"Morning." I greeted politely and he just silently blinked at me.

Okay...

"You follow after your father, orientation wise, don't you?" He asked in a way that sounded like he was just stating making me frown at him.

"Um, maybe...why?" I asked, that wasn't entirely true though, there is no way in hell I could ever identify as bisexual...sorry.

 "Just...noticing." He replied making me give him a look.

Right...

He then smiled, but it wasn't a friendly smile, it was...amused. Or maybe smug was a better description.

I was a bit put off by that interaction, and just stood there as Alex eventually came skipping in.

He stopped when he saw Matías, swerving round him almost as he walked further into the room.

He smiled at me happily and I watched him curiously as he started rooting around in the cupboards.

"Do you even have sugar in this whole entire building?" He asked with his whole head in the cupboard and I smiled.

"It's unhealthy." Was Matías's answer and Alex turned round to give him a sympathetic look.

"It's healthy for the soul!" He defended and Matías frowned at him, obviously taking that statement completely seriously.

"Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?" He asked making me snicker.

"Er..." Was all Alex could say as I walked out of the kitchen, and I didn't hear any more of the conversation after that.

I took a long breath of fresh air as I stepped outside, immediately walking over to the horses in the paddock.

"Hey gorgeous." I greeted Noah as he looked up at me, chomping on a mouthful of hay.

I stroked his nose lightly before sighing, staring ahead of me while thinking.

"You okay?" A voice sounded from behind me, and I turned round to see Caleb smiling at me.

"I'm fine, you're up early?" I said and he smirked.

"I went to sleep a lot earlier than the rest of you." He explained before smiling and petting Noah as the curious horse sniffed at him.

"How is it down there?" I asked as some kind of small talk and he frowned.

"A bit cold, actually, I guess because it's underground or something, but I eventually figured out how to turn the heating on." He said making me smirk.  "How do you like it being back home?" He asked me and I sighed.

"I don't really, I wouldn't call this a home."

"Well, then where is home?" He frowned and I remained silent.

"Good question..." I commented after a while and he looked down at the grass.

"I don't find our house like a home yet either, home's are welcoming and safe, so..." He sighed making me give him a sympathetic smile.

"You'll find one eventually, even if you have to make it yourself." I reassured and he smiled at me.

"Same goes for you, then." He replied and I smiled back.

 "Yo!" A sudden voice made me jump before I was suffocated in a hug.

"Alex!" I complained while Caleb stepped away uncomfortably.