24. The Dream

I feel two strong hands move around my waist, and a pair of lips fall to my neck. I let my head rest back onto the shoulder behind me, as the lips make their way up to just below my ear. The hands move towards the body behind me, pulling me closer to the person. My eyelids slide shut when I feel a bite on the sensitive skin under my ear.

"Are you imagining your other boyfriend right now?" My eyes fly open both at the sentence and whose voice it is. I spin around and come face to face with Nixon. It's almost like something Roman would say. "I saw the bags by the door, Grace." Grace?

"I'm not-" I start trying to tell him he has the wrong person.

"Bullshit! I know you've been cheating for a while now, this just confirms it!"

"You're crazy!"

"I've seen the way you hide your phone quickly, or noticed the cologne smell coming off you on some days! Is the baby even mine?" I look down, placing my hand on the bump there as if to protect it.

"Of course it is, but you won't be seeing it, because you're right, I am leaving. We're moving where we can be together and away from you. Have a good life, Nixon," I say having no control over my words. I move around Nixon, and through the empty apartment which I saw in the crime scene photos.

A hand gripping my arm has me stopping, and turning.

"Get off me Nixon." I tell him, trying to rip it away.

"If I can't have you and my child, then no one can," he growls. I scoff, turning hoping the momentum will bring my arm away from him. He pulls me back by my hair, throwing me to the floor. I turn over and stare up at him in fright. He falls down on top of me, his face one of pure anger. I fight him as best as I can but to no avail. He holds me by the throat, and almost as if it's a flickering movie, Nixon's face changes from his to Roman's. I see a flash of silver come down towards me.

I wake up with a start, my breaths quick and erratic. My face is wet with both tears and sweat. I look down to Roman beside me and see he's still fast asleep. The similarities between Nixon and Roman in my dream were frightening. Something along the lines of what happened in my dream must have happened if Nixon was guilty. I take in a juddering breath as I walk to the bathroom, and to the sink. I let the water run, before splashing some on my face, trying to rid my mind of the images. I stare into the mirror, my mind travelling to the beginning of the dream. I see a blush slowly creeping up my cheeks when I realize how real I wanted that to be. I shut the water off, drying my face, trying to ease my blush even though I know Roman is asleep.

As I pull the covers back over me, I glance at the time to see it's just after three.

I try to close my eyes, and will sleep to overtake me again, but every time I close my eyes the image of Roman holding the knife flashes before me, before being replaced by Nixon. With a loud sigh, I roll onto my other side, so I'm not facing Roman, and stare at the clock as the numbers change torturously slow. What scares me the most about the dream was that it made me more determined to prove Nixon's innocence. I don't want the person I saw in the dream to be the person I know, and am attracted to.

Here you go! I hope you liked it!

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)