Or So They Thought

It had been days since me and Caroline, along with our friends, had defeated Cisco. He was now in S.T.A.R. Labs, in the "dungeon" where he belonged... for now. I was just glad that he couldn't hurt anyone anymore, even if he did get out, he was powerless.

Today, Jay planned a big celebration, and invited everyone, saying it was for me before school started, but all of us that were there when Cisco was defeated, knew it was really for our victory.

Jay even invited his mother, which made me really excited. I wanted to see the woman that had changed his entire life.

Also, I had explained everything to Jay, and I knew he was still weary about that subject, but he took it better than I thought he would. Maybe it was because he had those memories of when he was Zoom, which I really wished he hadn't.

It made me worry. What if he became Zoom again? If that happened, everything that had happened here would be for nothing. It would all be worthless.

I quickly pushed that thought aside when Jay called me to help him finish frosting the cake. He had always been a really good cook.

As I used my super speed to finish the job, he got the rolls out for the potato soup, my favorite.

There was a knock at the door, making Jay and I look at each other. He looked so worried and upset about not being ready, that I smiled, "I'll get it and keep them busy while you finish the food."

He nodded, and half smiled.

I zoomed over to the door, and outside stood Caitlin, Iris, her husband Barry, which made me feel kinda awkward, her dad Joe, Wells, Caroline with her parents and dogs, Wally and Lisa. Caroline's hamster "Bill" was safe at the hotel they rented instead of living with us. Jay helped them pay for it. 

"Hello Rylie," Caitlin smiled, giving me a big hug.

"I'm so glad you could all come!" I said happily, hugging everyone as they came in. I even hugged Barry, which made me feel kind of sad.

The Barry from Earth 1 didn't even know who I was anymore. I quickly wiped away a tear and hugged Caroline last.

"Are you all right, Rylie?" She worried.

I took a deep breathe and nodded. "I'll be okay. I'm just so overwhelmed about everything. It just doesn't feel like we stopped Cisco."

"But we did, it's all over," Caroline comforted. "We're all safe, Jay is okay, everyone is happy."

I nodded, and quickly changed the subject. "Are Lee and Carter coming?"

"They said they might be a little late," Caroline smiled, and whispered. "They have a surprise for you. Lee spent two days working on it, and they're just adding a few more touches. Wells helped them a little, so when they bring it, you should thank them all."

I wasn't entirely sure what it was, but I almost couldn't wait to see it, especially if Lee worked so hard on it.

I closed the door, and followed Caroline into the living room, where everyone was now standing or sitting, chatting happily.

Before I could say anything, the doorbell rang once more. I hoped it was Lee, I really wanted to see him again, but this time, I walked, because there were some people here that didn't know my secret.

I got to the door, and quickly opened it only to see an older lady, with greying hair, and kind, soft eyes. My mouth opened wide when I realized that this woman was Jay's mother.

As I threw my arms around her, I started crying. I was so happy to see her, the one who had saved Jay. My Grandma.

"Hello, darling," she chuckled quietly, patting my back.