Formula

In at least two days, I was finally back to my full health.

A black man and a white lady randomly came in, and started talking about a man shark.

I was already too stressed about Jay. I couldn't even process what they were saying. There was just so much disaster that I had to scream, "Stop!"

Everyone definitely stopped talking, and stared at me. I looked around, and realized what had happened.

"I-I'm sorry," I said, looking down. "I think I need another run."

Barry quickly stopped me before I began to run again. "Rylie, stop. You're going to make yourself sick. Even I've never run as long and fast as you did two days ago."

"You still need to rest," Caitlin told me.

I shook my head and pulled away from Barry. "Just let me go one lap."

"No, the shark man is loose," Cisco shook his head. "We can't risk you getting hurt."

"Fine," I glared. "I'll just... walk around S.T.A.R. Labs until I feel better."

I started a swift walk out of the room and down the hall, but Heather followed.

"Rylie, wait up," she said, jogging to catch up. "Are you okay? I know this is hard for you... Barry told me last night. It hurt me pretty badly, but I can't even imagine what it was like for you."

I sighed, and regained control of my emotions. "It's okay. Jay deserves whatever Barry will do to him, but, he raised me. I can't just let him get killed. I want to help him become good. It might sound impossible, but I think that if we can find him and get rid of his speed forever, I might be able to make him good."

Heather seemed to have doubts, but then she nodded. "I'll help you. Why don't we go to Cisco's work place and plan this out?"

I looked to make sure no one else had heard anything before nodding. I followed Heather to Cisco's little work place/lab.

"Okay, so Jay is basically your dad," Heather began, writing that down on a clear glass board thing.

"I actually found out that I was an orphan when he found me," I explained. "He has the adoptive sheets and everything, it's just that... he figured out how to make someone have speed way before the Particle Accelerator and he was in an insane asylum for a long time... I don't know how he did it."

A tear ran down my cheek. "I feel really bad for him. I didn't know that he had been through so much pain."

Heather nodded. "I understand."

She wrote everything I told her about him, and then we both wrote things we knew about Zoom.

"Wow, he is really good at pretending to be someone else," Heather said and sighed heavily. "None of this stuff connects."

I read through everything again. "You're right. It's almost as if he didn't want me to know, to protect me from something."

"But what?" Heather wondered.

(Flashback)

          It was late one night when I was about eight, and I couldn't sleep. I went downstairs to get a drink of milk, but I found that there was a light on in Jay's office. I peeked in and saw that he was working with his chemicals again.

I tried not to make any sounds, but I accidentally made the door creak open slightly, making him look up and quickly turn around.

I ducked behind the wall, knowing I shouldn't be awake at this hour, but he opened the door and looked around until he spotted me.

"Rylie?" He said, smiling slightly, giving me a look that said, "What are you up to?"

I stuttered slightly, "I-I couldn't sleep, so I thought a glass of milk would help. I just saw the light on and wanted to know what you were doing."

He chuckled. "Don't worry, Rylie. You're not in trouble. Come see what I've made for you."

I followed Jay into his office, and on the table against the wall was a small, glass vial with purple liquid in it.

"You said your favorite color is purple, right?" He said.

I nodded.

"Well, now you can make your speed force purple," he smiled. "I was going to save it for your birthday, but since you're here, well, I was sure you'd like to see it."

"So, when I run, I can have purple lightning?" I smiled excitedly.

"Yes, and you don't have to inject it into your arm with a needle like my last attempt," he smiled. "You can just drink it. Plus, I made sure it didn't taste bad."

"Thank you, Jay," I said, giving him a hug.

"Anything for you," he replied, and sat down in his chair. "Since you can't sleep, would you like to watch me work?"

I nodded happily and hopped onto his lap. He put one arm around me as I snuggled close to him and watched him work with one hand. Surprisingly, being with him made me feel safe, and I began to fall asleep.

(End of Flashback)

I suddenly realized something. "I just remembered how to make a formula for this thing Jay made up. It changes the color of your lightning when you run. You can have any color you want. That's how I got purple."

"Cool!" Heather smiled. "Do you think you could make green?"

"Maybe, but there is one missing ingredient that I can't quite remember," I said, looking around to find the right chemicals.

"If we can find that missing ingredient, I think we could use this for missions," Heather smiled.