Victory

I stood after a while, and looked around at all of my friends, smiling. Without them, I'd be nothing. They were all my family.

Caroline came over, still looking a little stunned, but happy. "Hunter, I am so glad you're all right. I was so worried we wouldn't be able to help you."

I helped him stand, and kissed his cheek. "Me too. But I couldn't have done anything without you, any of you" I paused "But there is one question I've been wanting to ask you. Where did you go when we were at the Everton's house?"

Caroline half smiled, and glanced over at Carter. "He got me out while everyone was distracted. Lee told us his plan before grabbing the fire stoker, and very hesitantly hitting you in the head."

"He what!?" Jay shouted, but I put up a finger.

"And why exactly did he do that?"

"It was the only way he could convince his father that he was on his side. Lee never hurt anybody, and when he did that, he proved to his father that he could."

I looked over at my friends, who now had Cisco tied up very securely with some rope that Wells had brought. "I'm just glad it's over," I sighed, and looked up at Jay with loving eyes.

He looked back at me, and I could tell something was  greatly troubling him. "What's the matter?" I worried.

He looked down, and stuttered over words, "Y-you're Am... Amethyst."

My heart skipped a beat, but he would probably have figured that out when I was fighting Cisco. "Yes... but I can explain!"

He turned slightly pale and looked as though he could faint. "How is this possible?"

"If you can let me explain... things would make more sense," I told him, grabbing his hand. "But before anything, I want to get out of here."

Jay looked a little better, and nodded slowly, squeezing my hand.

"Wait, Rylie," Caroline spoke up. "Don't you want your suit back?"

The others came over as I looked at Caroline with a confused look. "I left it at my house."

"No, Cisco took it," Caroline told me. "I saw him when I went back to your house to get it for you."

I turned around and looked at everyone, then my eyes fell on Cisco. I scared myself by all the hate and anger I felt towards him. Right then, I knew what I had to do. I was not going to be a monster. I wanted to be the most loving, understanding, considerate person there was.

I let go of Jay's hand, who followed me as I neared Cisco. I could feel the tension, everyone wondering what on earth I could be doing.

Once I was right in front of him, I smiled kindly. "I forgive you."

Something in his eyes changed. He looked thoroughly surprised, then he glared. "How could you possibly say that?"

"Because I understand how you feel," I told him, remembering Jay when he was Zoom in the other timeline. "I know what it's like to want so much power, but never get enough, until it drives you mad."

Cisco scoffed. "Yeah right. You're just a child. How could you possibly understand?"

"Oh trust me, I understand," I said back. "But I don't want you to end up in prison for the rest of your life. Will you join me and help me... help US save Central City from other metas?"

Cisco looked like he was going to consider it, but then he spit right in my face, making me jump back.

Jay was going to lunge forward and punch the heck out of him, but I grabbed his arm and shook my head as I wiped the spit from my face.

Well, maybe Cisco would never change, but I still wanted to help him become the Cisco from earth 1 if that was possible. For now, I was just going to let Cisco think about what he had done, then maybe, some day, I could get him to change.

"Let's go find my suit," I said to Caroline, a little sad Cisco didn't accept, but I shouldn't have just thought that after all of this, that he would just join the good side all of the sudden.

"Too late," Cisco smiled. "I used the fibers to make my suit. Yours is gone."

Now I glared at Cisco. My suit from the other timeline that Jay had made for me was gone forever!

Wells quickly stepped in. "I can make another just like it, Rylie. Let's just leave before his security gets here."

I took a deep breathe, grabbed Jay's hand, and nodded. It felt weird not to have anything to worry about. Ever since I had found out about Jay being Zoom in the other timeline, I never stopped worrying, but now, there was nothing to worry about.

I felt peace for the first time in days. I could finally relax.

~oOo~

"How could you let them escape?" The lizard man glared at his security team.

The Snake Man looked down, feeling guilty about everything.

"It wasn't our fault," one man spoke up. "The other girl that helped her escape had fire powers. We couldn't get to them without being burned. Half of our men are already in the hospital. How do you expect us to get to Amethyst? Die?"

"Exactly," the lizard man snapped.

The Snake Man wasn't going to let them hurt Rylie, but if he betrayed his brother, he'd be killed. He didn't know what to do, but he knew that he was more afraid of his brother than Rylie. He stepped forward. "I think the best course of action is to break Reverb out of S.T.A.R. Labs, then we can make plans."

The lizard man thought about that for a second and nodded. "Good idea brother. Team Alpha, I need you to spy on S.T.A.R. Labs and find out anything you can about where Reverb is. Team Delta, I need you to start gathering as many resources as possible. To beat Ameythst, we'll need as many people as we can get."

Everyone nodded and hurried off to their posts. The lizard man then turned to his brother. "As for you, Lester, you can go back home, and convince Amethyst and her little friends that you're on their side. Don't disappoint me."

The Snake Man, Lester, nodded with fear and hurried off to make plans of how he would pull that off. He wasn't even sure if he could make himself do it, but fear motivated him to do as his brother said.

I'm sorry this took so long to publish. It's been crazy with finals coming up. Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading, and please like or comment!

-Becketha Rowndy