Doctor Wells

I made it to S.T.A.R. Labs. It felt so good to run fast again. I had to smile as I walked in, but it quickly faded when I saw the spots where Barry and Cisco had taken selfies together. Now, that had never even happened. I hadn't realized how much I'd miss them until now.

I swiftly made my way to Dr. Wells' office, but was stopped before I could go very far.

"Rylie," I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

I turned to see Dr. Wells. "What are you doing here? I thought we were going to meet at six."

"I really need your help," I begged, then glanced around nervously. "Can we talk... in your office?"

Wells looked around to make sure no one was watching or listening to us before nodding. "Come on."

I followed him to his office, and when he closed the door, I set my backpack on the glass table in the middle of the room, and plopped down into one of the chairs.

"What's the matter this time?" He asked, sitting across from me. "Is it about getting faster again?"

I shook my head, trying to find the right words to describe it. "No, I-I did something that changed everything... it changed... my life, your life, the other earth... just, everything!"

"Calm down," Wells said. "What are you talking about?"

"Please don't think I'm crazy," I said, took a deep breath and began to explain.

I told him how in a different timeline, Hunter Zolomon's dad had killed his mother, making him basically go insane and become a murderer. I told him all about how he'd found out how to give himself speed way before the Particle Accelerator, and he'd wanted to test it on a baby, so he found me in an orphanage.

He gave me the speed force he'd created, giving me powers, and he raised me, making me think his name was Jay Garrick, and that he was The Flash, a good superhero who saved people, when he was really a bad guy named Zoom, who was trying to basically take over the world, and be the fastest man alive.

When he discovered a portal to another world, he found out that there was another Flash, named Barry Allen, and he wasn't going to stop until he got his speed. I explained how I'd made Jay think that he'd gotten Barry's speed, when he'd really actually taken mine.

I had to pause for a moment, and think about all of this. "When Jay agreed to go back in time to save his mother, I knew it'd change everything. It would make it to where he'd never gone crazy, never invented that speed force stuff, and never have figured out about the other earth. I thought I'd never see him again, but it turns out that he still adopted me, but he's just Hunter Zolomon, and now he's married to Caitlin who I thought had Ronnie, and he doesn't remember anything."

Wells raised his eyebrows at me, probably thinking I was going mad.

"And... and you were there too, but you don't remember, because it never happened," I tried to explain. I began to get a headache. This was all just too confusing. "And, I don't even know how I got my powers back. Why do I have them here when I got rid of them in the other timeline, and why is everything so messed up? Why do I remember it all?"

Wells thought for a really long time, making me worry that he was sure I was crazy, but then he finally replied, "I don't know why you can remember it, but when you mess with time, it really changes things. Rylie, messing with time is never a good thing. You're lucky you have it as good as you do right now."

"But how'd I get my powers?" I asked.

Wells sighed. "Well, when my Particle Accelerator exploded two years ago, you were struck by lightning," he explained. "For some reason, I think that, instead of Jay... or Hunter getting the powers, it gave them to you. You're known as the famous Amethyst, Rylie. You're the superhero here right now. I made that suit for you. I've helped you become Amethyst."

"But in the other timeline, Jay was the one who did that," I said.

"I told you, when you mess with time, it can change a lot of things," Wells said.

I sighed. "Do you think I can ever accept my new life?"

"I'm not the one to tell you that," Wells told me. "You're the one who has to choose if you can accept it or not."

I looked down, my headache getting worse.

"If it makes you feel any better, I can look into it a little more," Wells offered.

I nodded slowly, and stood. "Thank you so much for understanding. I'm really confused. I knew it would change everything, but I just didn't know how hard it'd be to accept it."

The door suddenly burst open, with an angry and confused Jay storming into the room. "I knew you'd be here!" He glared. "Rylie, what on earth was that little stunt you pulled back there? Escaping through your window, climbing down the tree!"

Wells quickly stood. "I'll leave you two to talk."

"Wells," I said, giving him a look that said, "Hey, don't leave me here alone!"

Of course he ignored it and left his office. Jay walked up to me, and was about to grab my backpack and look in it, just to see what I was carrying. But I grabbed it away from him, worried that I was supposed to keep my powers a secret from him.

"Rylie, what are you up to?" He glared, reaching for my bag again, but I stood and put it behind my back. "Rylie!"

"Please, stop yelling!" I snapped.

He raised his eyebrows at me. "You're coming home with me young lady, and you are grounded for two months," he said, grabbing my arm.

I didn't try to fight and get away. I knew that I'd have to face this sometime after running away. I was just glad that I'd gotten to tell someone my problems who actually understood and didn't think I was crazy. I didn't even know if someone else would think I was crazy, but I guessed that they would once I started mentioning another earth.