Chapter twenty-four.

A/N: One more chapter until epilogue/sequel info! I'm excited, yet sad. I think the sequel will contain more chapters than just 25..

*didn't spell check, so excuse grammar mistakes*

Niall's POV

My mum got a call from my..Bobby. I'm calling him Bobby, he doesn't deserve the title, dad. He wanted us to come over immediately. My mum listened and we left..

I didn't even get a chance to tell goodbye one last time like I wanted to. I just left.

We are currently sitting in a taxi. One boring taxi that's uncomfortable and we still have another hour to go. My brother Greg is going to meet us there, apparently he got the call too I guess. He lives with Bobby, but goes to university in London.

Anyway, I'd rather be stabbed a million times than go visit Bobby. At least, my mum likes my boyfriend now.. Too bad I can't see him.

"I know what you are thinking, Niall." My mum told me quietly.

"Are you some sort of mind reader?" I snapped. Guilt flowed like a river over my body when I saw her flinch and back away. I shouldn't be this mean to her even though, she once called Harry a piece of shit. It's just, I don't want to leave. He'll probably end up making us stay there forever.

"N-No. I know you don't want to go to your father's-"

"He isn't my fucking father! He hurt you mum, and he hurt me too. Why do you still trust this man?" I asked.

"People change." She replied. I rolled my eyes.

"People change my ass." I muttered under my breath. "I'm not trying to be mean to you mum, but I wish you could see how stupid of a choice you are making. I love you, and I can't see you get hurt again."

"That's very sweet of you, Ni. I love you too, but I am a grown woman and you are still his son. If he wants to see you, I have to let him." She sighed and grabbed my hand.

"I'm not his son."

"According to your birth certificate, you are." I took my hand away from hers and mumbled a whatever before crossing my arms in anger.

"Greg has survived him." My mum added.

"Maybe because Greg has always been his favorite. I remember when he told me that, too! He said he hated me. Don't you remember when I came out to him? How he beat me and said, 'no son of mine will lock lips with another make and take it in the arse'. Don't you remember that?" I yelled, feeling my eyes sting as I held in tears.

"Y-Yes, I do. But dear, that was the past." She crossed her legs and let out a breath.

"Stop making excuses for this guy. You don't even love him anymore!" My voice was even louder this time, so loud I was afraid the taxi driver would kick us out or call a counselor to help solve our problems.

"I.." My mum wiped her eyes.

"No. No. No. No. No. Don't tell me you still love Bobby." I narrowed my eyes and furrowed my eyebrows.

"He is your father, and was once my husband. I think I can still love him."

"You keep this up mum. I dare you. One day, you'll be killed."

<>

The taxi stopped and we stepped outside to gather our things from the trunk. My mum paid the driver and took a deep breath.