Another Naruto Story: Chapter 21

Chapter 21

(Training grounds)

While Hitomi ran not really paying attention to those who were in front of her, she bumped into Choji while he was training with Shikamaru. And fell to the ground catching onto her breath. Her face was a deep violet. Choji and Shikamaru kneeled by her and Shika took out his medical kit.

“Keep breathing, keep breathing.” Shika kept repeating as Hitomi held onto her chest.

“Hitomi what happened?” Choji finally asked after Hitomi’s face started to turn a peach color.

“I told Nami… and she left…” Hitomi said slowly and softly.

“You went looking for her and Sasuke didn’t at least go with you?” Shika asked.

“I created a shadow clone… it shouldn’t take him long before he- he, *breathes* notices.

Choji muffled something. Then Ino ran over happily skipping. “Good afternoon- umm what happened?” Ino asked when she noticed Hitomi.

Hitomi closed her eyes into sleep; after two minutes or so Shikamaru noticed.

“Hitomi wake up!” He yelled shaking her then checked her pulse, she was still breathing. He told Choji to pick her up. They were going to the Hospital.

(Hospital)

“Look she’s opening her eyes.” Sakura whispered.

“Huh, where am I *coughs*?” Hitomi asked softly moving her eyes around but stopped when she saw Sasuke. “Sorry,” She whispered when she saw his worried/angry face.

“Hm, it’s okay, just don’t talk too much.” He said passing his hand against her forehead. She nodded.

“Well lucky for you, you bumped into Choji your lungs are worn out.” Ino said smiling.

“Thanks Choji, you’re a life saver.” Hitomi whispered as smooth as silk to Choji.

“Oh it was nothing, I mean, I should be thanking you Shikamaru was about to kick my butt.” Choji said blushing as he scratched the back of his head.

Naruto smiled then whispered into Sasuke’s ear. “I think my sister’s gonna get a boyfriend.”

Sasuke was stunned by this comment; he knew Hitomi never felt a close relationship to anyone but her brother for a while then himself, but Hitomi never like-liked anyone. But then he smiled. “You never know” Sasuke whispered back with a smirk. Shikamaru turned on the news.

“-with highs and lows in the 70’s the weather is as warm as always in the nation of fire!” The meteorologist said happily. Then someone walked in the room with her hands folded and her head held low, as soon as she spoke Hitomi knew who she was.

“Sorry, please blame me.” Nami said standing in the back.

“I’m not mad at you *coughs* I just wanted to talk. But obviously you don’t want to talk so later is fine by me.” Hitomi whispered stubbornly trying to get Nami to feel even worse.

Nami stayed in the back listening as conversations went on until a nurse shooed them out to give Hitomi a bath. When it was over a medical-nin was ordered to come in and heal Hitomi’s lungs and neck. She was told to try not to talk as much as possible and to stop yelling for two to four weeks.

Then she let everyone in.

Hitomi waved unable to speak.

“Is she mute?” Naruto asked then Sakura hit him upside the head.