chapter 42

Jack is outside playing with Xian and Gibber. He picked them both up by the bag of their shirts and began to swing them round and round. They are screaming in so much joy. He puts them down. When they get up they stumble around dizzily still laughing.
Even if he had those claw marks they still love him more than ever. The two don't like it when he leaves. When they do the two just play with other kids or sit alone with each other.
Xian talks to Gibber about how her life was back then and Gibber does the same. They both miss their parents very much, but now they have Jack. They know he won't live a long because of what he does with the others. So now it the two of them looking out for one another.
Jack told them he had to go do something. Today is his day where he cleans the armory. It is important to keep the weapons clean and in working order. Only the ones they have extra of. The other kids clean theirs whenever.
Xian looks at Gibber. "Since he has to clean the armory, do you want to go sit on the roof?"
He stared at her taking it in. "Sure. It would be nice to have some peace and quite with you." She took his hand and lead him round back to a staircase that leads right up. The kids had made it recently for easy access. There is still a ladder incase grownups try to go up the stairs. They can just shove the stairs away because it is on wheels.

Marcy is planning in her room with Sky and Jacob and Daniel. The four of them crowd a map unfolded across her bed. The map of Charleston.
"We should start moving in the ranged kids in second. Have the melees hide inside the semi's and other vehicles. Put them in first." Marcy said.
"Do we even know if they are swarming the area?" Daniel asked, observing the layout.
"No. I just need people ready incase we have to fight our way in." Marcy protests.
"How about we get the other two settlements to help in the raid? More firepower and less casualties?" Said Sky, looking at Marcy confused.
She stared back dazed. "Sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night. The poor settlement at the police station kept me up worrying. Lost two great women in one day. The new leader can barely cope with it all."
"We should wait then. Wait until she gets back into the swing of things. In the mean time we can fortify our base more for the children and non fighters." Jacob said. "It just makes sence. Any and all the help we can get will help."
Marcy is fighting to stay awake. She is thinking about what he just said. "Your probably right. I'll take a little nap. Wait on poor Nyla." Yawning loudly she stretched her arms. "Meeting adjourned."
Jacob folds his map up as the other kids leave. When he has neatly folded it he closes the door behind him.
Marcys' room is one of the first teachers rooms on the right wing of the school. It is a pretty big room to her. Used to be a math one. A window sits in front of the door. She has her blinds covered. The teachers desk is still there. All the others were thrown out back to be turned into weaponry. Her bed against the far wall of the room beside the door.
Her and Jack have started to sleep in there together. Nothing serious to their relationship has happened at all. Its mostly comfort the two seek. They are both seventeen. Normally kids would be all over each other around that age. Hormones kick in and make them sex addicts. It is natural around to the kids today.
She remembered talking to one of her friends about it. The girl said she was seventeen last year and already had her first kid. Then lots more people began to have them. Heard so much talk about it everywhere. The ones who didn't have kids talked about how great it was.
She didn't care about it though. Just proved that they were sluts. Wanted nothing to do with them so she took up sports and reading books in the library. People asked her if shes had "fun" with a guy before. She said no and wanted to keep it that way.
When hef boyfriend talked fo her about it she didn't care much. He kept on bringing it up so she dumped his ass. Wasn't going to deal with his complaints and wants and needs about it.
Now here she is. Laying on her bed thinking about Jack. Half awake half asleep. Staring at the ceiling. Then she began to doze off without knowing.