chapter 14

Its time to eat. The sun has gone down. Where am I again? How am I and who are these people? Wait. Im in an appointment. My name. My name. Can't remember who I am. I know these people are mine. All seventy two of us.
What is that smell? God it smells amazing. Its close by. Children.
Everyone is already on the street. They can smell it too. They all can.
A fence sits between him and on the other side fresh meat hiding in the walls. He wants it. Crazes it so bad he can taste it. Taunting him. Taunting them. Its right there. All those people.
They have been here for two weeks trying to get inside to have a taste. Durring the day he can smell them. Sometimes peaks a look at all the girls walking around doing things. Killing his brothers and sisters to feed themselves. One girl has started a garden in a back yard of a home. Tends to it daily. All alone and helpless.
To bad I can't can't have the girl in the garden. The suns burns like fire. Clouds my head. Makes me nauseous and want to hide and kill. Right now the voices are quiet. All sleeping so I can think. If we come out in the day the girls will fimd us. Kill us all with their murderous wepons from tbe company building.
He lets out a sigh. Looks at the building and its single light in the top window. It goes out.
Time to find a way in. I am clever than them. I can do this. I can get us all in and we can feed oursleves. But how? When I worked there I secured the fencing. Made it where no one can get in. The front gate has a lock on it.
The man starts to go through the apartments in search of a blunt wepon. Must find thing to smash lock. Where is it. There. A big red thing on the wall. No. To wide.
Something catches his eye. The thing he has been looking for. A hammer. Covered in blood. His blood.
His wife had clubbed him in the back with the back end of it. Where was she now? When will she be home? She left and never returned. 
He picked it up. Rubbed the grip and picked off the blackened blood.
Finally he found the right words and choked them out loudly. "HAMMER. EAT."