chapter 3

A girl with brass spiked knuckles with a blade on each is having a show down in the middle if the road with walkers. She is doing like Kongfu or something. It looks like she is all alone.
"Watch out! We are here to help!" Jack yells splitting a mothers skull in half and stomping her gut to pull out the blade.
Daniel saves her skin as one comes at her from behind. Takes the blade through his back. More come in around from all directions from the woods. Soon every kid was fighting them back.
The attackers began to retreat. The ones who stood their confused were killed on sight.

The girl faced Jacob. "Who are you people? Where's my team?" She asks paniced.
Daniel came out of the crowed of boys. "We only saw you fighting in the street against that horde. And we are the Poca kids. Im Daniel. The leader here."

She looks at one of the kids laying in the road. His eyes open staring with his face on the asphalt. "Im Hailey." Bending down to the boy. "Rest in peace brother." Saying it softly.

"We are on our way to Nitro. Do you know anything about that area?"
Hailey nodded. "That place is gone. Who town went up in flames. My team was forced out. There was no food or water anyways."
"So where now?" Jacob said looking at Daniel.
"Now I guess we need to find a nearby structure. The sun is going down."
"There's a pawnshop not to far. It's a little ways up from Nitro across the bridge. We can reach it about an hour after dark. A local settlement is there. Calls themselves Red Dragons. They normally keep to themselves. Took fencing from the football field and put it around the high school."
"There's our destination, then." Daniel says and turns toward his group. "Get your stuff, we are walking to a pawnshop to rest for a while!" Turns back to Hailey. "Do you want to come with us?"
She nodded.