chapter 19

The drivers came down the hill one last time and cleared the road. The hoods and windshields are smeared with blood. The foot troops are still going hard and strong. They to are a mess. Sixteen wounded kids. The injuries are from getting tossed around and clawed. Sixty-nine kids.
The enemy has fallen back into the building. Scared and confused. The kids begin to close in around K Mart. The lead one Daniel raises his hand and everyone stops dead center. Listening to the sounds closely. Heavy breathing. Fat wet slaps on the tiled flooring on the inside.
He freezes completly as the sound stops. "Get out of the way!" He yells bolting away from the side of the building.
Three giant juggernauts burst through the walls. The cars begin slowly down the hill and Marcy raises a hand and they stop.
Jack looks to the archers eyes fixed on the targets. The middle one is the biggest of all. They aimed the bows and let fire on the targets. The arrows stuck in them and did no damage.
"Everyone with a blades wepon advance." Daniel said calmly. Not even shouting the kids charged in.
The three juggernauts got into defensive position ram and charged forward. Six kids got hurt by the attack.
Ally aimed the sniper at the center man.
"Fire." Marcy ordered and she shot directly into the skull. The bullet went through and got stuck in the others thigh making him like a bull.
He began to charge at the cars. Three archers leaped off as he flipped the car onto its side. Rage in his eyes. The other did the same making everybody scramble even more.
Hailey ran around with her knife and jumped on the one to the left of the kids. Leaping high she jabbed the knife in the back of his neck. The mam coughed up blood and fell bashing his head against the flipped car.
The last one swatted at her, sending her sprawling down the street like a doll. Her knife only a few feet away.
The man focused on her gave Daniel enough time to execute the final blow. With one swing the machete decapitated him. The body walked a few pases and fell over taking the arrows clean through his body like the others.
Jack ran over to Hailey struggling to get up. "Are you ok." He said pulling her up.
Haileys forehead is bleeding up in the hair line. Her shoulder's and knee's and palms torn. "Im fine. Just some scrapes." She lied. Her foot was dislocated. Pushing Jack away she attempted to walk to get her knife and fell making hand prints on the gravel.
Immediately he got back to her. "Go on and secure the store guys. I got Hailey."
Daniel nodded and snapped his fingers pointing to the store. "Take care of her Jack. Shes' an amazing fighter." He smiled at the two and walked in through the holes in the wall.
Marcy pointed towards the building signaling the trucks to help get the supplies. "Pack up Ally, we are going down to help load up." She said getting up to stretch her legs.
"Ok. We should hurry up. Everyone within a three mile radius probably hurd the gun shots." Ally replied sitting up and putting on the safety.
"Your probably right. Run back to the base and bring a the last of the cars."
She nodded and began hopping house to house.
Down on the ground they begin to sweep each and every aisle looking for whats left. Making sure there are no infected hiding.  After a complete thirty minute sweep the only find a weeks worth of food. Furniture and beds. Along with some more weapons nobody wanted.
In the gardening section they found lots of tools and planting supplies with seeds.
"Everyone lets search the back. There's more to be covered." Daniel said walking between the hole.
This time was even better. Alcohol, food, medical supplies, and everything. Including propane tanks and bullets for guns.
"Is it me or this this Christmas?" A boy said looking out back to find five semi's neatly parked. The lock still on the back.
Kids came out amd smashed the locks off revealing more supplies.
This is enough to last them maybe a year is they were careful. Every kid in the school wouldn't go completly hungry for a long time.
Was this luck or a miracle. They were extremely invigorated jumping with joy.
Hailey looks for the sun in the clouds. Its nearly noon. Her and Jack sit against the wall waiting for the cars to get back. Or atleast the other kids.
"You want me to try and pop your foot back in place? The sooner the better." Jack looled over at her holding a rag to her head. It has completly turned it red.
"Sure, why. I can barely feel it. Its gone numb." She moaned putting more pressure on her head.
He crouched infront of her and lifted the leg. "On the count of three Im going to jam it back in place ok? One. Two." She closed her eyes. Crack. It was back in place.
Hailey cried out in pain. It hurt so bad she teared up a little. She swore a very bad word. "Thanks. Geez. That fatty got me good, eh?"
"Yea. He swatted you like a fly. Im surprised you didn't die or pass out. Im happy your a little, ok."
"Yea." She paused. "Thought I was gonna die young."
There was a loud roar out back. Next thing that happened semi's slowly crept out of the ally. At the end was the kids carrying loads of things with big grins on their face. The first semi reached the top and stopped where you can only see the top rear. After a few seconds it moved with the others.
The other cars came down ince the semi's left. Kids began to load everything up and marched home wealthy with Hailey in the cab of the leading truck.