Prologue

Hey guys... Man I really hope you like this! I have a bunch of chapters for this book done, so I decided that You guys should get the prologue! Don't be afraid to tell me what you think... If they're nice comments! I don't have time for Haters! Don't worry, this isn't the only chapter you'll get today!!!

Love you guys! Enjoy!

-------------------------------

"Run! Fi!" She yelled as we heart the gun shots not far behind us. "Mama!" I screamed hoping that she'd carry me. My leg was in heaps of pain from the gashes that the beasts left on it. She grabbed my hand and pretty much began to drag me behind her.

"Remember what I taught you?" She asked. "Uh huh," I tried to keep from screaming in pain. My feat struggling to keep running even though I was moments from being dragged across the ground. I noticed a dizziness settle into my mind, and my leg began to go a bit numb. "Mama!" I called for her attention. My voice sounding as though someone else had called for her, and not at all like I was calling for her.

"What Fi?" She asked, sounding a bit far away. I didn't know what was going on, but I'd hoped that she did. The trees were thinning out, and I could slightly hear the rushing of water. Faint, but it was still there. She frowned at my heavy eyelids. "It's okay, baby girl. You're going to be okay. We just need to get away. I need you to be strong for me. You can do this," She said reassuringly.

We kept running until soon there were no trees, then there was no ground. My mind went into panic mode. "Mama! I- I can't! I can't!" "Yes you can, Baby! You need to! You have to! I will not have them take you! You need to jump!" She said dragging me towards the edge.

"Mama! Please!" I begged. "Fi, sweetheart! You need to. You're a big girl!" She said still dragging me to the edge of the cliff. The men and the beasts were still chasing us down. I mustered up what courage I had left from the recent events and jumped. I felt my wings snap out and catch the wind.

"There you go, Baby girl! You're doing good Fi Fi! Now Go!" She yelled as she jumped and snapped her wings out as well. I looked back at her just as a shot fired off. She started to fall from the sky as blood began to appear on her wing and waist. "MAMA!" I cried out adjusting my wings to fly down after her.

Another shot fired off, and I felt a sharp pain in my right wing, then another shot and pain in my left wing. I tried to ignore it. My mind on mama, but I still screamed out in pain. Then another shot fired off, and there was an excruciating pain in my shoulder. I started to free fall a bit, struggling to keep my wings in the right motion.

"Mama!" I cried out again. Unable to find her anywhere. I couldn't hear her anymore. I couldn't see her. I could hardly hear myself and darkness began to swallow up my vision, "MAMA!" More and more of my vision began to fade away to darkness. It clouded everything in sight. The only thing I could here was the sound of my breathing, my slowing heartbeat, and the rushing of water getting closer and closer.

I tried to lap, but the pain was too much. I couldn't. Then I hit something, and a sharp stinging sensation covered my back. Something cold swallowed me whole from the world, and the darkness took over.