~20~

Soraya's POV

It's been two weeks since I told Alex about my engagement.

Two weeks since I've seen or even spoken to him

Two weeks since I did anything other than cry

Two weeks since I lost my heart and the ability to feel

Two weeks since I first found out what true heartbreak feels like

It's been two weeks

I released a sigh, feeling the tears gather up in my eyes again. I stared up at the ceiling as the tears flowed quietly down my cheeks.

Two soft knocks on the door, before Daphne poked her head through "Ray? You there?"

I nodded slightly, not caring whether she saw me or not.

She walked in and sat on the edge of my bed "Raya, you can't go on like this"

I stared blankly at the ceiling

"You need to get out of the house, get some sun, move around, do something other than crying all day"

Great, now she's kicking me out of my own house. Am I really that unwanted?

I remained quiet, but the tears stopped for a while, leaving a salty and dry trail down my cheeks

She sighed "look, I know this hurts, I know you feel like your whole world is meaningless right now, like you gave your heart to a building only to have the building collapse right on top of your precious organ, but honestly? You're gonna get through this"

I snorted

"I know this is probably the worst thing I can possibly tell you right now but. . . it's going to be okay. One way or another, you'll be okay"

"Can I ask you something?" I finally spoke, my voice hoarse and rough from crying

She nodded "shoot"

I cleared my throat "how did it feel when you first found out that Leo had cancer?"

She sucked in a surprised breath "Soy. . . ."

I shrugged, still not looking at her "I'm just asking"

She sighed "I felt like. . . . like I had lost every reason to live. Like I was being forced to watch someone take my own life, slowly and painfully. I felt like death itself"

I gave a small nod. I need not say anything else, she had already spoken my mind.

"Okay, point taken. But I got over it, and so will you. You just need to take the first step"

When she realised I wasn't going to say anything, she sighed irritatedly and got up "well, I'm gonna go for a run. I might take a while so there's a box of pizza in the kitchen, y'know, in case you decide to get up any time soon"

She waited a second to see if I would say something. When I just blinked, she gave a snort and stormed out, shutting the door after her.

I stayed there for a few more minutes before I actually began to consider what Daphne said.

Maybe she was actually right. Besides, I haven't taken a bath in the past two weeks. . . .

Yeah I really had to get up.