~18~

~~~~~

Soraya's POV

I didn't want to tell him. Actually, telling him was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Soraya" he snapped, obviously getting impatient

I looked back at him "huh? Oh right, no I uh I don't know them, I just— they looked really scary"

He narrowed his eyes at me, obviously not buying what I was selling.

I had to change the subject "so uh what about Chloe?"

That did the trick. His eyebrows furrowed "what?"

I rested my hands on my lap "Chloe? Your little sister? Where's she now?"

A small smile settled on his lips and he got this far away look in his eyes "she's in a boarding school right here in Florida. She's fourteen"

"That's nice" I smiled before realising something "wait, Lana said you were the only child and you were put through social services for five years, she never said anything about a little sister. Did she not know?"

He shook his head slowly "my mom never told Lana about what happened. She only got to know a few months back"

"You told her?"

He nodded, his lips in a thin line "I had to, I think she deserved to know"

I felt myself smile slightly "I want to meet her, Chloe I mean"

He smiled back "you will if that's what you want. She's coming over for a break in a few weeks, you could meet her then"

"I'd love that"

He cupped my face gently, making me hold his gaze "d'you wanna tell me why you got that look on your face when you saw the picture?"

Ah fiddle sticks! Of course he wouldn't forget.

I shook my head, my lips in a thin line "no, not really"

His grip on my cheeks tightened "if you know something Soraya, please tell me. It might help with the whole revenge process"

I looked away from him, seeking solace in my fingers "I-I can't. I'm sorry"

He dropped his hands from my face then, his expression hurt "you can't or you won't?"

I sighed feeling an argument coming on, which I was in no way ready for "Alex please. . . "

"Please what?" he demanded sounding seriously mad now "Soraya, don't you trust me?"

I looked up at him, shocked and confused "of course I do"

His expression softened and he took my hands in his "then why wouldn't you tell me?"

Just tell him Raya, what's the worst that could happen?

Oh I don't know, he could hate me forever, he could run all the way to NASA and travel to Mars, he could think I'm, in some twisted way or another, part of the whole scheme to kill his parents. . . .

So you see, subconscious, they're a lot if worst case scenarios to this decision.

Alright, point taken. But just tell him anyway. You love him don't you? Then why keep such a big thing from him? You were yelling just a few minutes ago about how he's keeping things from you, yet, you're doing much worse. Tell him and don't be such a hypocrite!