Jeff and Trent opened the wooden double doors of the senior commons and standing at the other side of the door was Kurt.

The Warblers happily cheered and applauded Kurt as he confidently entered the room, while Aimeé sat on the maroon armchair beside the fireplace with Blaine, Thad, Wes and David sitting on the long table beside her.

"And, our oldest tradition for our newest Warbler, an actual Warbler." Wes said and gestured to Blaine.

"Kurt, meet Pavarotti." Blaine said and lifted the birdcage in his hand.

"Pavarotti is a member of an unbroken line of canaries who have been at Dalton since 1891." Aimeé told Kurt as Blaine walked over to him and handed him Pavarotti.

"It's your job to take care of him so he can live to carry on the Warbler legacy. Protect him, that bird is your voice." Wes added.

Kurt chuckled in amusement. "Hey, I'll bring him to work with me. Weekends, I volunteer at a stray cat rescue. It's at the bottom of a coal mine." he joked.

The Warblers exchanged wary glances and looked at him grimly, only Aimeé and Blaine understood his joke and stifled their laughs as they looked at each other.

Seeing the Warblers' faces, Kurt panicked. "That was a joke, I don't work at a coal mine." he told them.

Wes glanced at Aimeé, who nodded to begin their meeting. He nodded back and hit his gravel.

"Let the meeting begin."

Aimeé stood up from her armchair and faced the Warblers. "Today, we discuss the set list for sectionals, which is a week from now." she said and walked around the room. "The theme for this year is about youth. We will base everything with the said theme."

Kurt raised his hand and he looked around. "Where's the director? Shouldn't he or she be the one to discuss the set list?" he asked, confused.

Blaine shook his head. "We don't have a director." he told him and looked at Aimeé. "We do have a Captain, and it's Aimeé."

Aimeé nodded as Kurt turned to her. "Every year, I choose some upperclassmen to be part of the Warblers Council, and help me lead the group. For this year, I have chosen Blaine, Thad, Wes and David." she explained and smiled. "But, don't worry, everyone has a say. Your opinions matter."

"Oh fantastic!" Kurt said and clapped excitedly. "I have a lot of ideas. Warblers, if I may? Now, I can't deny that the Warblers vocals are absolutely dreamy, and Aimeé's powerful voice alone can lead us to victory, but I believe our set for sectionals this year should have a little more showbiz panache. I think we should open with Rio by Duran Duran."

Thad, Wes and David exchanged awkward glances and turned to Aimeé, who only smiled at her friend's enthusiasm.

"Aimeé is responsible for the song selection." David told Kurt.

"But, we appreciate your enthusiasm, Kurt." Wes added and Aimeé noticed Kurt's face fell. "It'll come in handy one day when Aimeé chooses you."

Aimeé and Blaine glanced each other when they saw how disappointed Kurt was.

🎶

After the meeting, Aimeé and Blaine were the only ones left inside the senior commons.

"Kurt's disappointed." Aimeé said as she slumped down beside Blaine on the maroon sofa.

Blaine nodded agreement. "He is. He's new, and far from home. He's still adjusting being in a new school and environment. It'll take time. I'm sure he'll be fine." he assured her.