Lullaby- McCoy (part two)

Start from the beginning

Clara leaned into her father's face as he rubbed his eyes with the heel of his hand. She reached over and poked his nose then rubbed her face in his chest. Leonard couldn't help but chuckle at her. But his smile fell as she spoke.

"Mommy is on the floor in the bathroom. I think she fell asleep."

Leonard shot up, making Clara call out in surprise as he picked her up. Quickly he reached the bathroom and peeked inside, not wanting Clara to see any more than she already had. His heart sank at what he saw.

There you were, slumped on the floor like you had been searching for something under the counter but fell asleep. But the water and faint traces of blood between your legs made his skin clam up. Gently he placed Clara on one of the living room couches and touched her nose.

"Daddy needs to take mommy to the doctor. Can you wait here for Nyota?"

Clara cocked her head to the side. "Nota? But aren't you a doctor, daddy?"

You moaned and Leonard closed his eyes as he tried not to let his mind think the worst. Right now, he needed to make sure Clara won't run off and get lost.

"Sure am, doll. But the baby is coming and we need to get mommy to the hospital. Nyota will be here soon alright. Just like we talked about." He pulled out his communicator and gave Nyota the heads up.

Clara looked over in the direction of the bathroom. "Well tell mommy to come back soon. We were going to paint nails."

Leonard gave her a tight smile and kissed her forehead. "For sure kiddo. Stay put."

"Yes, daddy."

Glad she understood, Leonard rushed to your side. You were sitting up clutching your stomach as your breathing came in gasps. He reached up and stroked your hair back, feeling your face as you leaned into his touch.

"Hang in there (Y/n), you are doing great." Leonard's whispered words sent warmth through your pain ridden body.

"C-c-clara?"

"Shhh. She will be watched over. Nyota is on her way. Can you stand?"

You reached out and took his hands as he helped you to your feet but your knees gave away. Without missing a beat, Leonard wrapped his arms under your legs and held you to him as he rushed out of the room. Nyota passed them in the hall only sparing you a smile and two enthusiastic thumbs up before she saw to Clara.

Leonard called out names and for room as he entered the Med-Bay. You were striking a fever as you tried to keep from pushing the baby out in your husband's arms. He laid you gently on a bio bed and kissed your forehead.

"You are amazing (Y/n)." He gave you a smile before yelling behind him for your health stats and a knee drape. He turned back to you and brushed hair from your face as you rode with another contraction. "(Y/n) you are the strongest woman I know. Hang in there."

He turned to leave but you grabbed his hand. "Leonard, I love you."

"I love you too. Now let's bring this lazy babe into the world." He gave you a wink and you laughed weakly before another contraction hit.

Five hours and fourteen minutes later Eugene Leonard McCoy was born with a whole head of hair and a strong pair of lungs. He was smaller than your stomach eluded to but he was healthy and resting in your arms. Leonard had been surprisingly calm but extremely encouraging during the whole thing. He knelt next to you as he stroked your hair and kissed his son's head.

You turned your face and he gave you a gentle kiss, smiling against your lips. He pulled back and you glanced down at Eugene. "Clara will be excited to have a real pirate for a brother."

Leonard chuckled as he stroked the dark birthmark that covered Eugene's left eye. He cooed and moved his fingers around his father's thumb. "She will jealous if anything."

Clara came bounding in, Nyota trailing behind her giving you an apologetic smile. Your daughter scooted up her father's back like a monkey and let out an exaggerated gasp as she spied her brother.

"He's a boy!" She explained. You and Leonard laughed, nodding, but Clara wasn't finished. "He has his own eye patch?! Mommy, I want an eye patch. But on the other side so you don't get us confused."

You and Leonard laughed, Clara, joining in so she didn't feel left out. Soon she moved over and sat next to you and took a turn holding Eugene. You leaned into Leander's chest as he leaned on the bed on your other side, looking down at his growing family. He bent down and kissed your head.

"I love you, my amazing wife."

So.....I am back!!!!! I had so much fun it's not even funny. Well, a lot of it was funny but just know that I have loads to up load haha so thank you so much for all the love and attention my books have gotten while I was gone. I hope you all have been alright and that school is over for a nice long break ;) I love you all and can't wait to show you what else I got done while I was done. ENJOY!!!