Chapter 13: Give

It wasn't just the kiss that surprised him the most, but the fact that his body disobeyed him; he wrapped his hands around Eren's wrist while the other automatically pressed against his chest as if he were an actor who rehearsed a kiss scene over and over again. It felt so natural, like breathing and blinking. Eren was surprised as well. His posture stiffened when Levi touched him, leaving a trail of coldness on his skin. Their eyes were closed and so were their mouths. None of them made the effort to part them because the moment didn't feel right. It was a gentle kiss, not a lustful one. Sparks definitely went off no matter how many times Levi thought it was wrong. Their lips just moved against one another in perfect harmony, like they were created to be together. Eren could taste the alcohol on his lips and was almost convinced that he could be drunk too, not because of the drink but solely because of his lips.

Although he was enjoying it much to his horror, he was the first to pull back.

"That's certainly a weird way to pay me back, isn't it?" Levi murmured. His breath bounced off Eren's chin flirtatiously. His face was too close, he could almost see flecks of amber in his ocean eyes. "Never thought you would think of doing that, after everything I've done to y-"

Eren pushed his lips into Levi's once more, silencing him. When he leaned back, his cheeks were coloured crimson.

"We went over this already," he said. "I'm going now. By the way, the reason why I gave you so much alcohol wasn't so you could confess your reasons."

He paused.

"It was so I could kiss you and you would forget all about it in the morning."

He left without saying another word. Levi fell asleep as soon as possible right after their sacred moment of a kiss.

---

Hangover's were horrible, but in some strange way it made Levi feel like he was still a normal man somehow. He never had friends to go out and drink with, but it certainly did remind him of those nights when he would hang around in his uncle's bar and drink his sorrows away. The thing is, Levi couldn't remember how or why he was drunk in the first place. All he did remember was that Eren somehow convinced his friend to let the two of them stay over for a few nights, but even so he couldn't help but feel on guard. It was always natural to refuse offers of any kind. At least, it used to.

There was a large and obnoxious pounding in his head, like microscopic construction workers were hammering into his brain. It was uncomfortably warm in the room and the drawn back curtains could explain it. It was a fairly sunny day telling by how golden the light on the floor was. Levi didn't like warm whether at all, it would make it even more exhausting if he were to run off again.

He ran a tired hand through his hair and sat up slowly to ensure that he wouldn't get a headache from sudden movements. His hand rubbed against his temple by accident and thus smearing sweat onto his fingers. He shuddered in disgust and immediately threw the blankets off. He still felt gross and clammy, but he was well rested. As the sunlight bled onto his face, he decided it would be a good time to get up and discover if Eren had ran away during the middle of the night or not. Of course he wouldn't be surprised if he did but some part of him would be a little disappointed.

He walked over to the slightly ajar door and opened it slowly. Even with the unwelcoming silence of the house, he made his way downstairs as if it were his own. The scent of coffee immediately found its way to him and entered his nostrils. Coffee sounded like such a great idea to him in that moment. It would wake him a little more and possibly make him feel less shitty. Of course, the first person he saw was Eren's friend. He was sitting on a blue painted wooden chair in front of a square table with the same colour, staring daggers as he sipped from a mug with a cartoon character on it. It was like being glared at by a cat. Eren was sitting beside him. At first he didn't seem to notice Levi but it didn't take him long to read Armin's face and look up himself.