Chapter 2: Lose Your Mind

Levi decided he wasn't going to jump to such conclusions. He was probably just a boy with the same eye colour, and it wasn't like a coincidence like that would occur. Because how would he meet the exact same boy from so many years ago? It was just almost impossible!

"What do you bastards want? Money? I have money, so if you want it you should let me go," the teen said and he squirmed even more under Levi's foot.

"How much are you talking about, kid?" Kenny asked and sneered.

"Fifty thousand."

"Pfft! No, we could get more money out of you," he replied and chuckled.

"My father is a police man, you know. He'll find you," Eren snapped.

Levi sighed and frowned. "Get the tape. I'm already tired of having to listen to him."

Eren stared at the short man with confusion on his face but it soon melted into what looked like understanding. He finally understood why it sounded like a one sided conversation in the car; he was doing ASL. It finally made sense.

"Alright. Time to get back in the trunk. Don't worry, we'll let you out in a few hours." Kenny walked to the car once more and ducked behind the door to find something.

"Just let me go, you bastards!" Eren screamed. "I'll put your asses in jail and I swear I-"

Kenny had returned quickly, ripped off a generous size of tape and smacked it hard on Eren's mouth. Eren was still trying his best to fight his way out from Levi's foot, but it was all futile. Kenny let out a loud sigh.

"What a daddy's boy," he said, annoyed. "Throw him back in. We still have another few hours to drive. It's still dark so I doubt his neighbour's think he's gone, but I just wanna be safe and drive far, far away from here."

Levi carefully stepped off Eren but tackled him to the rough ground the second his foot was off. The hard and sharp ridges and edges dug into the side of Eren's arm and back, making him wince in pain. Levi captured his hand and dragged him off the ground. He pulled him roughly towards the truck again and basically lifted him off his feet and threw him back in. Those beautiful yet hateful eyes were still looking back at him as if screaming for help. There was no time for regrets now. This was the life he decided to live, and there was no looking back.

---

Eren lost count of how many times he counted to a thousand, or sang his favorite songs inside his head by the time they stopped once more. He guessed it was probably late afternoon, and the position he was in made him ache and feel sore. Eren didn't know if he was scared at this point. Maybe he was just so horrified that the fear made him numb and he couldn't feel anything at all. He used to watch documentaries about kidnapping cases that often led to murder. Eren was hopeless and fell like he was slowly falling into a fiery pit of lava; he was aware of what was happening, but there was nothing he could about it.

He wanted to be in any other situation than this one. Be it hanging over a lake of crocodiles or being pricked by a million, little needles, he would rather do that than being kidnapped. That was for sure. He fell asleep a few times, and when he woke up he always thought he was back home. He was proven wrong when he found out he was still in the back of a pair of strangers' trunk. It was like having to face a nightmare every single time he woke from his sleep. The talking he was listening to earlier ceased and he was left alone with his adverse thoughts again.

The trunk opened a few hours later, which surprised the teen. He was startled as he met the eyes of the quiet man, who just looked down at him with a confused expression on his face. He glared at him and kicked at the air as he was being hauled out of the trunk once more.