Chapter 1: Warning Sign

Note: this fic contains ASL. bold and cursive lettering indicates that they are signing.

---

They've been watching him for over a year.

By then, they knew where his favorite hangout spots were, where he would buy his groceries, where he would go when he went over to his friends' house. They knew what time he went to bed, how long he would stay up before actually falling asleep and who was his friend and who wasn't. He always locked his doors and had a fancy security system because his father was a rich policeman.

He was a carefree eighteen year old German who enjoyed listening to indie rock and was very serious about his studies and dreamed to be a writer one day. He stayed up until one in the morning to write about a hopeless romantic who fell in love with an aromantic individual, and read books about various flowers and plants. He was the perfect kind of person to target, and his name was Eren Jaeger.

The night was unwelcoming and too cold for comfort even through their thick layers of clothing. It was almost 2 A.M. but the two men waiting outside the modern mansion. All the lights were turned off, and there was only the sound of water trickling in a fountain near by. They walked on the stone pavement with their black boots lightly scraping behind them. It was the perfect time to finally advance. His family was on vacation to some country in Europe, which they found out by connections. He was the only one inside the house.

There was no way they could enter through the entrance because first, that would be an awful mistake and second, no one in their right mind would do that if they were trying to kidnap a person. His room was on the second floor with the wide window pane. The house was made of rock tiles, so it would be easy to climb up to the window. It was easier than they planned it out to be.

"Alright, Levi, you go first. I'll be right behind you."

"Okay. Make sure not to make too much noise." Levi was signing. He was making fast hand and finger movements. Any person who didn't know what ASL was would think he was trying to draw some invisible picture.

It was times such as these when ASL was very useful to Levi. He had some hearing problems, but he wasn't deaf. He used to be mute for a while back when he was younger, but ASL gave him an advantage with communication.

Levi hopped onto a rock that was jutting out and carefully placed his hand on a smaller one. It was like rock climbing, the activity Levi used to do all the time when he was a child. The palms of his hands scraped against the rough edges of the stone as he hoisted himself higher and higher. He sucked in his breath as one of his foot went loose, but caught his equilibrium again. Cold sweat dripped down his temple as he finally reached the slanted roof just next to the window. He stole a quick glance inside. It was dark, but not too dark for him not to see anything. He could see the bumps and ridges of someone laying on a bed.

Levi gestured for Kenny to come by his side. The stupid boy always left his window just a crack open, an so it was going to be easy for them to simply slide it upward and get inside quietly.

"You have the gag?" Levi signed.

"Yes. Just let me pour the substance in it first," Kenny gestured back. He fished a small bottle out of the pocket of his jeans and removed the cork. He poured a generous amount on the gag before closing the bottle and returning it back to his pocket and handed it to Levi.

The older man out of the two slowly and silently hoisted the window upward big enough for them to climb in. Times like this was when Levi felt grateful for his size. They both stepped in, wincing when they heard the floorboards creak underneath their shoes. When they were finally inside, they crept to the bed and got ready to advance. The cool breeze blew inside and they flinched when the teen stirred in his sleep. Kenny nodded to Levi. It was the signal. He was finally going to capture the teen after watching him for so long. Levi walked closer to the teen, and wasn't expecting what happened next.