Cinco De Mayo

Dear white people,

If you're not celebrating Cinco De Mayo for the same reasons Mexicans do; their culture and heritage, then you don't get to celebrate it. If you're celebrating it as a "Cinco De Drinko" day, you're offending millions of people. Trump supporters do not get to dehumanize them and call them all "illegals" then turn around and wear sombreros while eating guacamole and sing Spanish songs on Cinco De Mayo. If you supported Trump on his stance on deportation, you're also supporting a harsh division that'll stay in America.

Trump supporters seem to forget that America is not ours. We didn't discover it, it was already discovered. We took it over just like we do everything. When they scream "Make America Great Again!" they seem to forget that the civil rights movement only happened not too long ago. And before that, nobody but the white male could vote. Before that, slavery was prevalent. Before that, we killed millions of people to acquire this land that wasn't ours to take. So when was America that great?

Don't get me wrong, I love my country. I'm immensely grateful to be American and call this beautiful land home. I would fight for my country because I'm grateful for the life it's given me. If I can feel this way, why can't others trying to escape the harsh poverty and oppression in their countries experience it too? They deserve it just as much as I do.

I don't know about you guys, but when I argue with white people on facebook, instagram, snapchat, etc. their arguments for the deportation laws are always the "law is the law" yet break plenty of laws and take advantage of our country. Double-standards? Hypocrisy. I know it's human nature to hold others to a higher standard than you do yourself, but that's too far. In this is a Christian country, don't you think God would rather have an undocumented person trying his hardest to provide for his family rather than a person who drinks and drives? Think about it.

(i need to show you guys this argument with this girl on facebook that happened yesterday. i'm so
mad. i'm jade btw if you guys didn't know!!)

 i'm jade btw if you guys didn't know!!)