rape on wattpad

Dear everyone,

I don't know about you guys, but I don't associate rape and BDSM. I don't understand why anybody would associate the two, and I also don't understand why anybody would have a kink for complete non-consensual and traumatizing sex.

There is a difference between writing about sex when it's BDSM, maybe even with a safe-word and it's fully consensual. The other difference is rape--forced on the non-consensual party.

Rape is not a kink, that sounds like a mental problem. That genuinely sounds like an issue to me if you have a sexual desire of wanting to be raped or doing the raping. If you have these fantasies, I suggest you seek help because this will only hurt you in the long run. This is something that needs to be addressed, and I'm so sick of seeing this on Wattpad because it's sad.

For years, woman and even men have been trying to get rid of this. But, indefinitely, people are still contributing to rape culture by glorifying it. Rape is not hot, a turn-on, or sexy. It is traumatizing. Why would a person write about this? You have pre-conceived notions of what a person that has experienced sexual-assault goes through, and maybe even some of your readers are one of them yet you glorify it anyways which triggers a person. I really, really, REALLY am having a hard time grasping this.

Believe me, I have absolutely nothing against BDSM or anything completely consensual by both parties. If it is consensual, there's no problem with me. Also, if the story is about a person who has experienced sexual-assault, that is also a-okay. These are besides my point.

My point is directed at the authors who write those one shots about incest, rape, and child rape. Why are these a kink? WHY?

Point being; rape is not okay. Writing smut about rape is not okay. Glorifying rape is not okay. Rape jokes are not okay. Defending rape is not okay. RAPE IS NOT OKAY. RAPE IS RAPE. IT IS NOT A KINK.

If you happen to come across one of these stories, report it and the author who wrote it. We want to rid those pests and their infestation off of Wattpad. We want love here, and they aren't contributing.

Everyone, I love you guys & I'm always here for you. If anything like this has ever offended you, I'm here for you talk to. You have people on here who love you and will support you endlessly.

P.S. I'm not trying to offend anybody. If you read this stuff, at least don't vote or comment on it so other people don't see it.