asian stereotypes

a/n

HEY BEFORE U READ, go read woahbreanna dear amerikkka bc it's actually rly educational and logical and i love her. go vote & comment for me plz bc she deserves so much more recognition!!!

Dear non-Asians,

I don't know what year you're living, but we're in 2017, the stereotypes need to cease. In that claim, I wasn't just specifically talking about Asian stereotypes, but they all gotta be terminated at this point in time. There's nothing funny about you condemning actions of a few to an entire race of people.

Worst Asian stereotypes I've heard;

1.) Asian's can't drive

Okay, most Americans can't drive. It's inexplicable as to why, but getting my license has proved we have some idiots out there and I've never once thought they were all Asians. Also, statistics have proven if Asians get into accidents, they're not fatal whereas the percentage is way higher among other racial groups.

If this was an actual problem, there probably wouldn't be any taxi's you guys anywhere. 84% of taxi drivers are immigrants, and Asians make up 38% of that.

2.) They can't speak English

First of all with this implication, it's okay for immigrants to not speak English entirely clear. If they didn't attend schools here and grew up in a country where English wasn't spoken, they're not gonna speak clear English when they come to America, Canada, the UK, etc. It's extremely easy for children to learn second languages, but when you get older second languages are hard.

If you like getting your nails done at a local Asians salon and they speak Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc. and you're angry because you can't understand what they're saying to each other, why don't you learn their language instead of complaining? They spoke just fine for you, now it's your turn so you don't have to be offended.

3.) Asians work hard

Asians work hard, it's just genetics.

What?

How is that possible? Once again, although this is not necessarily a negative stereotype, it's still a stereotype. Although it's not negative, you're still condemning the actions of a few to a race of people. So when an Asian gets promoted at work, they're automatically gonna get mocked by coworkers because "they got promoted because they're Asian." Wrong.

4.) Asians are good at math and have straight A's

Although this again isn't a negative stereotype, it's probably annoying to the Asians who do get good grades and excel in school. They're probably constantly told the only reason why they're excelling is because they're Asian, which is not okay. Would you like to be told the only reason that you're smart is because of your race? It's not really even you, it's just your race.

Not every Asian mom is strict, and not every Asian kid is a nerd. Not every Asian is in martial arts and not every Asian excels in school.

5.) Asian woman are freaky deeky

Whattt????

Stop ! Fetishizing ! Specific ! Races ! Of ! Women!

Why is that Asian woman are usually seen as submissive shy girls. Of course they're in little sailor or maid outfits, ready to be told what to do whilst giggling. Creepy white man have come to these conclusions because of porn, but stereotypes linger. Now, evidently, that's how a lot of people perceive Asian woman and that affects more aspects of life than you can think of.

Not every Asian woman is an order bride nor a sex maniac.

Not all Asians are bad drivers, can't speak English, work hard, are inexplicably smart, and are freaky deeky sexual fanatics. Stereotyping is wrong, and we gotta end this so we can pursue a kinder world where people are not deemed as something because of something as little as race. Positive stereotypes are just as harmful as negative ones. People really don't like being stereotyped, and it also perpetuates a divide. It depersonalizing people, even when they are positive ones. It makes them angry, and most importantly they just aren't right.

Dear non-Asians, stop stereotyping Asians. Just stop stereotyping in general.