emmett till

credit to Legendary_Princess for her amazing words in this chapter! she's awesome and very knowledgeable, check her out!

Emmett Till.

That one name makes me feel a spiral of emotions. All ranging from anger, hate, disgust, and finally sadness. Not towards Emmett Till himself, but towards the unjust he faced.

If anyone of you know who Emmett Till is, then you would understand why I feel this way, and if you don't. Then join me on this ride of emotions.

Emmett Till was a 14 year old black boy, visiting family in Money, Mississippi from Chicago. He attended a segregated school in Chicago, but the segregation in Mississippi was a whole new level that he was not prepared for. Being a child who liked to play pranks, he didn't listen to his mothers warning about race.

On August 24, being with his cousin and some friends in Money, Emmett bragged about how he had a white girlfriend in his home town. Many of the bystanders where in disbelief at the news. So they dared him to ask the women in the store, currently standing behind the counter for a date. He accepted.

He went into the store and brought some candy, but on the way out he stated the words "Bye baby," to the women. There had been no one else in the store but the two of them. The women behind the counter Carolyn Bryant had claimed that he had made lewd advancements towards her, and wolf whistled as he walked out of the store.

Can you see where this is heading from here?

Roy Bryant the husband of Carolyn returned from a business trip a few days later. She told him her version of the story, enraged he went to Emmett house with his brother in-law. They forced Emmett to put his clothes on while his family pleaded for him, but they weren't having it. They forced Emmett into their car after they asked the women if he was the one? In which of course she replied yeah too. They were said to have beaten and tortured Till in a tool house behind Milam's residence, afterwords they drove him to the river and shot him before tossing his body into the water.

Three days later his body was found. His corpse was so disfigured that the only way his family member Mose Wright was able to identify him was by the ring he wore. Authorities tried to bury the body quickly, but his mother was having none of it. Till mother had his body sent back to Chicago and after seeing the remains, she decided to have a open-casket funeral so everyone could see the horrors of what racist murders had did to her son. Jet, a magazine had released a picture of Emmett corpse and the mainstream media picked up on the picture. This sparked the early civil rights movement in which many began to fight against racism.

In less then two weeks after Emmett was buried. Milan and Bryant were put on trail. Despite the two having bragged about the murder of Till, they were found not guilty in less then a hour by a all white jury. Stating, "They believe the state had not proved enough evidence on who the body belonged too."

Well isn't that a load of freaking crap, and it gets better. No, it really does.

So many people in the country were outraged about them being found not guilty. Many wanted them to be found guilty for the kidnapping at least, but they walked free. This people is the bullshit. The ever loving fucking bullshit!

In honor of Emmett Till. They placed a sign where his body was found telling what happened to him, and the sign was shot up multiple times, and that's not even the worst part.

Many years after she lied. Carolyn Bryant told the truth that she made the whole story up, and what pisses me the hell off is that she lived until 83, and he lived until 14. Hardly seems fair.

I guess she's trying to convince herself she isn't a bad person or trying to clear her guilty conscience. No, she's evil. She knew what would happen the moment those lies came out of her lips, because of her a fourteen year old kid lost his life, while she got to live her life to her hearts content. And what for? Huh? Because he said bye baby? Seriously? Seriously? Those two words were not justified in having a child killed. How the hell did you even sleep at night? How do you even look in the mirror? How can you live with your self knowing not only are you a racist, but for having a hand in a child's death? How?

What freaking kills me is! That all these racist ass white people wait until they have lived their lives to tell the damn truth! No, you should have spoke the truth years ago! You should have spoke the truth in that courtroom! You should have told what your husband and brother had done! You should have never lied! If you had a innocent life wouldn't have been lost. That boy would have been living today! He would have lived and he died because of your stupid ass!

I don't care what excuse you make to sleep at night. You. Practically. Help. Murder. Him! You are guilty! Your ex-husband is guilty! Your brother is guilty! There's a special place in hell for all three of you!

I don't even care that your 83 years old. I say you go to jail, and even that's too nice for you. Jail is Elysium as a punishment for you. You deserve worst for what you did. For what you didn't do. You could have stopped it. You had the power too, but instead you let it continue and this is why many people don't like you. I despise you and I'm sure many others do too, but I won't let the anger I have towards you consume me because you don't deserve my anger. You don't deserve anyones anger towards you because it's too good for someone like you. You are beneath any of us feeling anything towards you. Our emotions are above you!

Racist white trash like you don't deserve to live in the world with people like us; who are doing our best to stop people like you from continuing your hatred, and trying to justify it!