Chapter One

My eyes struck open from the overwhelming feeling that hit my throat, it was strong enough to make me gag, I felt bile rise to the tips of my throat.

Vomit. 

I run out the bed and into the toilet, my head falls into the sink as I vomit. Tears rolling down my eyes, I feel my hair being tucked away from the sink, my head heavy I slightly turn my face to the right to see Nathaniel behind me. He rubs my back causing me to throw up even more.

I groan in pain, with my mouth withering I wash my mouth out and walk into the bath tub, feeling out of breath. I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and turn the tap on, feeling embarrassed I look away from Nathaniel and let my hair cover my face. It was only five months into our marriage and I was already vomiting like no tomorrow.

"You feeling okay?" Nathaniel says in his tired voice.

I gulp, cringing at the disgusting bitter taste. I look up at the clock, it was only quarter past four in the morning, I shake my head. This was the third time in this week that I woke up this time to vomit, not only disturbing my sleep but also Nathaniel's.

I don't reply, instead, weakly, I try taking my clothes off so I could wash before I perform morning prayer. "Here." Nathaniel says softly, pulling my vest off and helping me undress. The water had filled up half way through the bath tub now and the clothes that I was already wearing were drenched.

"You don't have to stay or help." I say as I lift my knees to my chest and rest my head on my knees.

"Yeah I do, what if something happens or you faint and hurt yourself." Nathaniel says itching his head and taking a seat on the edge of the bath tub.

"If I faint then you'll definitely hear me fall." I say smiling weakly. Nathaniel mirrors my smile, before kissing me on the top of my head.

"Come on." He says, grabbing the sponge and squeezing the water out on top of my head. I sigh softly as I watch him soak the sponge, despite it being the early hours of the morning and the toilet smelling of vomit, he loved me enough to stay.

  *

I stand there watching the sky filter through a series of colours, dark blue through to deep purple, slowly transitioning into a warm pink shade, making the sun more visible as it peeked over the horizon. It was only 4:43 am, but my eyes were wide awake but little could be said about my body, I was surviving on a few hours of sleep for the past few days.

I have an unusual feeling in my stomach as I watch the sunrise, despite the beautiful light that shun from the horizon onto our window, I still couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. Maybe it was because today was the first day of college and I was so nervous. 

 "Aasia, you're not going to sleep?" Nathaniel calls out from behind me as he puts his prayer mat away.

I turn away from the sunrise and walk towards him. "No, we have to up soon anyways. Big day ahead." I say fake cheerfully, as I wrap my arms around his waist from the back and rest on it.

He turns around with me still holding on to him, I follow him to the kitchen. "You really should see the doctors about your vomiting, it really needs to stop, I bet it was that stupid Chinese we got last week." Nathaniel shakes his head as he pours himself water.

I let go of him and face him. "Why? Are you finally getting disgusted of helping me?" I say with a small smile playing on my lips. I mean, I wouldn't blame him.

"No." He says light heartedly with a smile. "In sickness and health, my love." Nathaniel ruffles my hair, pulling me closer to him.

I scoff. "We didn't even say those vows." I laugh into his chest. "But yes, I'll see the doctor soon, I'm sure it's nothing though." I reply, sighing.