Forty eight

My heart pounds rapidly in my chest. My breathing becomes uneasy and my palms become sweaty. My head feels as heavy as a bowling ball. Standing on the other side of the door is Niall. The evil Niall that I do not know anymore.

I gulp and except my fate. Why on earth does he want me here right now? My eyes rome up and down his body and I take in the magnificent sight. His hair is tousled and messy, like it is when he wakes up in the morning. He's wearing a long sleeve white button down polo shirt. The top three buttons are undone exposing his glorious chest hair. He has on light blue jeans that hang low and sexily on his narrow hips. He has on white socks that match his shirt, his shoes must be by the door.

My mind is reeling. I try to swallow but my mouth is too dry. I hope to God that he doesn't see the agonizing affect he has on me. I don't even know why he still affects me like this. I should be trying to swallow the bile in my throat at the sight of him. I should be crying. I should be screaming at him, and calling him names. But, I can't. I'm too mesmerized by him.

He grabs my wrist firmly and pulls me inside the cabin. I stay calm and keep my mouth shut, watching him carefully. He closes the door, and roughly pushes me against it. My heart threatens to beat out of my chest and fear consumes me. I am afraid of him. He locks the door and looks into my eyes. I keep my hands stiffly by my side to prevent myself from touching him.

He inches his body closer and closer to mine. The closer he gets the harder I start to breath. He puts his hands on either side of my head and looks me in the eyes. He's not even a centimeter away from me, though our bodies aren't touching. If I took a deep breath my chest would brush against his, so I try my best to control my breathing.

His eyes are back to normal again. He looks like the Niall I know. I see his adoration, his love, and his compassion for me in his eyes again. My heart swells at the way he's looking at me. I just want to touch his face and tell him that I hate the shit he put me through but I still love him. For some God forsaking reason I still fucking love him.

"I didn't know that he was going to.... Going to... K-kill Z-Zayn," He stutters as tears fall from his eyes.

If I thought I felt like shit a second a go, I was wrong. His tears make my stomach twist in knots. Seeing him hurt is the worst pain I have ever had to endure. I fight my urge to touch him and dig my nails into the side of my thighs. Don't fucking touch him Jasmine!

"Who? What are you talking about?"

He takes a deep breath. "Emilio. I told him that Harry's girl friend kidnapped my nephew and he said he would handle it."

He presses his forehead on mine. The warmth of his forehead sends shivers down my spine. I claw my nails deeper into my thighs.

"I didn't know he was going to kill people," he whispers.

His hot tears hit my face because of his close proximity. My heart feels like its on the verge of exploding.

"Every two hours Jasmine,"

My stomach drops. "Every two hours what?"

He closes his eyes. "Every two hours he will kill someone until the baby is found."

I choke on air. This can not be happening. I am done. This is not my fault! This is Niall's fault! He's the one that went and got involved with drug dealers. Not only did he put his life in danger, but he put everyone he knows and loves lives in danger too. Its not fair. Why should we suffer for the fucked up things Niall's done?

"This is your fault," I say quietly. My voice barely audible. By the way he's looking at me, I know he heard me.

"Jasmine I didn't know!" He pleads , his voice cracks.