Chapter 8 - A place to call home

"When forever becomes a place...when forever ceases to be just a word… when it ceases to be just a measurement of time…but instead becomes a place where soul mates can dance to the song in their hearts... that is a reflection of true love." - Steve Maraboli; Life, the Truth, and Being Free

Itachi looked at the scene in front of him, his eyes wide open in shock. Sakura looked embarassed and wanted to just run away and hide but she was under Sasuke. In seconds, Itachi grabbed Sasuke by the throat, pinning him against the wall, his feet barely touching the ground. His hands found their way around Itachi's wrist but it was useless, he was too strong. His Mangekyou was spinning wildly holding that thirst of blood.

Sakura got up and tried to cover her legs with her yukata even though Itachi's back was facing her and Sasuke's terrified eyes were fixed on his brother. Sasuke chocked. Sakura was terrified, droplets of sweat forming on her face. This was bad, really bad. He was mad at them. They did something wrong.

"What do you think you're doing?" Itachi's demonic voice echoed through the room. Sakura got a deja vu but she couldn't remember why this scene was kinda familiar. Sasuke couldn't answer. Even if he could, what would he say? He knew that he screwed and he knew that this was wrong since the beginning, yet he still did that, letting himself prey to his hormones.

Itachi threw Sasuke on the ground and got on top of him, repeteadly hitting his face with his fists. He was blinded by rage. He can't stand seeing Sakura so defensless. Sasuke knew that she had amnesia and he choose to use it for his benefit, not caring about how she would feel once she remembers.

His face was bloody but he didn't try to hit back. He knew he was guilty and accepted his fate. He deserved it.

Itachi saw red in front of his eyes. He couldn't bring his body to stop. She was on the edge of being raped. Again. He perhaps was mad at himself that he can't protect her. He hated himself more than anything. Some soft sobs from behind him, made his fist stop in mid air.

"Itachi, please stop. You scare me." she whispered, trying to wipe her tears. Her voice was enough to bring him back to Earth and make the hatred disappear. He blinked a few times and looked at the bloody face and at the mess that he made. The white carpet had also strains of blood.

He turned around and looked at her innocent scared face. He got up on his legs.

"I don't want to see you in this house anymore, Sasuke. Or anywhere near her. You are my brother and I love you, but if I see you near her ever again, I will kill you." he said, venom dipping from his voice. Sasuke nodded.

He tried to take a step forward towards Sakura but she stepped back, trembling. His eyes were black again but it didn't mean that he wasn't dangerous anymore.

"I am sorry that you had to see that." he said. Sakura looked down at the floor.

"I understand..." he whispered more to himself then he got out of the room.

Sakura rushed to Sasuke's side and helped him up and laid him on the bed. He was heavy, she thought. She ripped a white shirt that was tossed on the bed and took the water bottle from the nightstand and tried to clean his face. Sasuke hissed at the contact.

"You have to let me clean you." she said.

"Why?" he asked confused. How could she have such a kind heart after what he did to her?

"It's not entirely your fault. I had a part in making him angry and you paid the entire price. It's not quite fair. I am gonna talk to him." he grabbed her wrist, looking in her eyes.

"It's alright. He only wants to keep you safe. It isn't your fault. I will live with my parents for awhile." she nodded. After she was finished, she went out of the room to search for Itachi.  His door was cracked open.

He was sitting on a chair, looking outside the window how the droplets of rain were hitting everything. It calmed him down a bit even though inside his brain was a war.

"Itachi?" she called him softly, entering the room. He didn't move. He felt guilty for scaring her.

She stopped behind him and looked at his tired expression which was reflected on the window. He looked back at her reflection.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry, I don't even know what that meant." he didn't say anything. She walked at his right side.

"Are you mad at me?" she asked, her voice nearly cracking. He sighed and pulled her down on his lap. They looked into each other's eyes which seemed like lasted an eternity.

"I could never be mad at you." he finally answered lifting some weights from her shoulders.

She smiled and gave him a small peck on the lips. She pulled apart and looked at him shocked. Her body acted without thinking.

"I-i'm sorry, I thought..."

He cut her mid sentence by pressing his lips against hers.

Flashbacks came back into her mind.

"I am Itachi Uchiha."

"You can call me Itachi."

"I am Naruto Uzumaki"

"You whore."

"She is MINE!"

The spark returned to her eyes and she blinked a few times.

"Itachi?"

He smiled and hugged her tight burring his face in her shoulder.

***
It's been a week since the incident. A week since Sasuke moved out and a week since Itachi went on a misson with Shisui. He told Shisui everything about Sakura and thanked him for changing his life. He just laughed and started teasing his best friend on different topics when it came to her saying that he is the Uchiha Cupidon and their first child should be named after him since he's the one who made their relationship happen. Itachi just smiled or answered with "hn". Right now, they were walking back to the gates of Konoha, not even a scratch on their bodies. They had their ANBU masks on.

At the gates, they noticed two figures. As they approached, they recognized them. It was Kakashi, Itachi's close friend and... Sakura. The person he loved to the stars and back. They both met at the gates waiting for the person that they both cared about.

As he got closer, he took off his mask, revealing his flaweless and tired face. Sakura started running and jumped on him, wrapping her legs around his torso and hugging him tight. She attacked him with endless kisses while he was taken aback but still managed to respond to them. They both missed each other. Kakashi and Shisui just watched them, as Shishui picked up the mask that Itachi dropped from the impact. He felt so proud of himself. He gave happiness to his best friend, after all.

They pulled apart and Sakura cupped his cheeks while his hands were holding her tighs. They looked into each other's eyes being drunk of love.

"Welcome home." she whispered.

At that moment he knew... Home wasn't a place, it wasn't the village, nor the house he lived in, nor his family. Home was her...

____________________________

I update often cause I have so fucking many ideas asdfghjkl.

LEMON NEXT CHAPTER.

I know you are waiting for it cause I am too, haha.