24- i plead the fIfTh

"My fingers are so pruny that I look like I'm ninety years old," I state as I'm climbing back onto the boat after Dante and I'm analyzing my wrinkling fingers.

"That's what happens when you're in the water for hours," Dante informs me, sounding amused at my comment. I didn't think that we were in the water for so long until I realized how hungry I felt. And now that I see the time on my phone, I realize that we had spent all morning on the boat and it's one o'clock now.

"I didn't realize time could pass so quickly just by swimming around," I admit. "Anyway, I'm starving. It's a good thing I packed those lunches."

"And that I packed the sunscreen," Dante pulls the orange container of lotion out of his bag and hands it to me. "Your face is getting kind of red."

I apply the sunscreen as Dante is pulling the food out of the cooler that I had packed this morning before we got on the boat. While he's distracted with the food, I look down at the skin under my boob just to make sure that my tattoo concealer hasn't worn off. Luckily, even being in the water for so long, it's still intact and my Russian tattoo is still invisible.

"Which one is mine?" He asks me, looking at the two sandwiches.

"I didn't put onion or pepper on mine," I inform him, joining him on the bench so that we can eat our lunch together and then I don't know what'll happen after that. I think I'm done with the water so we'll either cuddle or make out, I assume. Maybe we'll go back to the house and get out the jet skis before dinner. This day is going by so quickly and although it started off a little rough with the drama in the basement, I was mostly able to push that aside and focus on my time with Dante and it's been a really great day so far. I just wish that it wasn't going by so quickly. There's a lot of shit that I have to deal with back in the real world.

He inspects one of the sandwiches and then when he sees that there's no onions on it, he hands it to me and takes the other one.

"So what are we at the office?" I ask him randomly as I start devouring my sandwich.

"What do you mean?" Dante wonders.

"I just mean, are we a secret?" I try to rephrase my question. "I told Denise, the girl from marketing who sits beside me, but are we allowed to make out in the breakroom or are people not allowed to know about us?"

"I'm not actively telling people," He says. "But I'm not hiding it either. If you want to make out at work though, I do have an office. There's no reason to be in the breakroom unless getting caught is your thing."

"It's not my thing," I assure him. "I was just making a point. Any PDA."

"Like, you want to hold hands and shit?" Dante cocks his head to the side looking at me like this idea is incredibly bizarre. Which it is for monsters like us, but I kind of like the idea of just walking around holding his hand.

"I don't know, all of that stuff that people do when they're exclusive. Carpooling to work, going to lunch together, just stuff like that," I explain with a shrug. "We don't have to if you're not into it, I just wasn't sure if we were keeping it a secret or not."

"We're not," He decides.

"Even from your dad?"

"Even from him," Dante confirms. "He knows that I brought you here, I had to get the key from him. Like I said, I'm not going to actively tell people about us but if I want to fuck you on your desk in the middle of the day then I think that they'll get the idea."

The thought of having sex with Dante at my desk in front of everybody makes me laugh. I can't even imagine what peoples' responses would be to something like that. "HR would just love that, I bet."

He shrugs. "I'm basically the boss, I can do whatever I want."

"Sure, tough guy, you'll still have to deal with all of the lawsuits," I tell him. "I think we can save all of that trouble if we fuck on your desk instead."

This time, Dante laughs. "Alright, sure. My desk it is."

I finish my sandwich and start snacking on the chips that I'd packed but I don't want to eat them all so I only take a handful of them and put them back in the bag either for Dante or for later.

"Wait, hang on a second, I'm realizing something," I say quickly as I turn to face Dante with a suspicious look. He curiously looks over at me to see what I'm going to say. "If you don't bring girls here, does that mean that the handcuffs are specifically for me?"

That makes him laugh and he swallows his bite of food before he responds. "I plead the fifth."

"Okay then, buddy," I drop the subject and grab the sunscreen again. Dante has some red on his shoulders. Well, it's more of a very light pink on his tan skin but I need an excuse to randomly start feeling him up and sunscreen is the best way to do that. "You're starting to burn too, I'll redo your back."

He doesn't complain so I squirt some of the lotion onto my hand and move to stand behind him as he also stands up from the bench. I slowly start rubbing the white lotion over his back and shoulders, mainly just enjoying the view.

"We're both going to have alligator skin by the time that we get back inside," Dante jokes.

"Well, since there's no lake monsters yet, we can just become the monsters and start eating people," I suggest, finding myself pulling closer to Dante. I've finished rubbing in the sunscreen but I keep my hands on his back and then I slowly move them down to his sides, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"You wouldn't want to be around me if you thought that I was a monster," Dante tells me, most of the joking tone is completely gone from his voice and I understand his double meaning more than he will ever know.

He turns around in my arms and I look into his dark eyes. "You never know; I might surprise you. And I am a monster too, in this scenario, so if you eat people, I will eat people with you and we will be monsters together."

A small smile tugs on the corners of his lips. "In this scenario, are we lizard people?"

"Oh definitely," I confirm with a nod, leaning forward to pepper kisses along Dante's bare collar bone. "We have a lizard kingdom."

My words trail off as I just keep kissing his smooth skin, loving the way that it feels against my lips. I can kind of taste the lake water on his skin which is a little gross but I'd swallowed enough of the lake water while we were swimming (not on purpose) that if there's something in the water that shouldn't be digested, I'm already screwed.

"I need a mint or something," Dante ruins the mood that I'm trying to form.

"No," I say quickly, continuing my kisses along his chest, shoulders, and neck, as I gently push him back onto the bench along the side of the boat and straddle his waist.

"I had onions, my breath stinks," He warns me quietly but I'm not going to let him ruin this because I'm already getting in the mood and I don't want to let it go. I don't want to let go of his body.

"Then I'll find somewhere else to put my lips," I mutter in a quiet voice and that completely shuts him up. He just leans back and lets me work my magic.