18- i'm going to kiLl you

"So you're officially dating Dante?" Denise asks me on Wednesday.

I shrug at her. "I mean, we've been on a few dates so I guess that's true."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"We didn't put a label on it," I inform her. "We settled on exclusive but still no labels."

"If it's exclusive, that means he's your boyfriend," She points out. "Which is great and adorable and I love that. I'm incredibly jealous but I'll get over that. When is he getting back from his trip?"

"I don't know, this weekend, I guess. He said that he'd be gone for a week."

"You haven't talked to him since Monday?"

"Nope. It's only been two days and we're both pretty busy," I explain to her. I look down at the time on the bottom of my computer screen. I have ten minutes before I'm scheduled to connect with Coleman so that he can work with me to get into the Berardi system. I know that the only way that I will be able to do that is from Giovanni's office but I'm hoping that I'll be able to con my way in.

"You should call him," She suggests. "Just to let him know that you're thinking of him or something."

"But I'm not," I lie.

"You are right now," Denise tells me with a pointed look.

"Only because you brought him up," I say with a small laugh. "It's not that serious, I think that you're making a mountain out of a mole hill."

"I'm just excited," She defends. "For you, obviously. And for him, I guess. I've been working here for a while and I've never seen him with any girl ever before. He's always been pretty much a loner."

"He's quiet," I explain. "And brutally honest. I guess, to most people, that would make him a jerk. But I'm also brutally honest most of the time so I'm used to it and I just throw it back in his face, which he doesn't really expect. I guess we're both just assholes."

"You know what you should do? Send him a picture of your tits," Denise suggests quickly as the idea comes to her.

"No," I say quickly, laughing again at her ridiculous idea.

"Why not? It'll keep him thinking of you," She explains. "Have you slept with him yet?"

I take a deep breath, not knowing how I want to answer that, but she's looking at me impatiently and if I don't answer her quickly enough, she'll conjure up her own assumptions. "No," I finally admit.

"Really?" She seems surprised by that. "Wow. Alright, well then I guess sexting is off of the table. Are you waiting for it to be special or something?"

"I don't know what we're waiting for," I admit with a small shrug. "I guess the timing just hasn't been right. And we haven't even been dating for that long so it's not weird that we haven't slept together yet. Our relationship has been pretty complicated."

"Sex isn't complicated," She shakes her head at me.

I don't know what to say to that because I don't really want to start talking to Denise about my prior sex life and why it's causing me to be hesitant about sleeping with Dante. It's not like we're friends and it's really none of her business. I don't think that Denise has a very good grasp on what is or is not her business though... or she just doesn't care.

The longer that Dante is gone though, the more that I'm thinking about him. Not just having sex with him (although it's running through my mind a lot) but also just being around him. Wanting to talk to him again. It hasn't even been 48 hours.