21- tO impress yoU

"Who knew that a circus could be so fun?"

"I figured that you'd like it," Dante tells me as we're walking hand in hand down the Vegas strip as we leave the Cirque Du Soleil show on Wednesday night.

"You figured?" I raise my eyebrows at him. "Am I just that predictable?"

"I'd like to think that I know you a little bit," He explains with a small shrug. "And your predictability is comforting."

"I am not predictable," I argue against his claim.

"Okay," Dante appeases me. "Sure. Are you hungry?"

I shrug. "I could eat."

We head toward a restaurant that Dante has in mind. Neither one of us are dressed up, just wearing jeans and comfortable shirts and a jacket each, so the restaurant isn't going to be a fancy one, which is nice. As we walk, we are also holding hands like any normal average every day couple, which is weird to me. That I'm acting like a normal couple.

If I had been told that I'd be holding somebody's hand, Dante Berardi's to be exact, walking down the Vegas strip, I would have laughed or maybe just punched the person purposing this ridiculous idea

If I had been told that I'd be holding somebody's hand, Dante Berardi's to be exact, walking down the Vegas strip, I would have laughed or maybe just punched the person purposing this ridiculous idea. And yet, here I am. I'll also mention that I'm having a great time which isn't surprising considering that I always have a great time when I'm with Dante.

"Do you do stuff like this all of the time?" I ask him curiously. "Your life is so exciting."

"No, I don't do stuff like this all of the time," He shakes his head in the negative. "I'm just trying to impress you."

"I've told you that you don't have to take me out to impress me," I remind him. "I'm really not that hard to impress. Although the show tonight really was impressive but I was more impressed by the actual circus acts, not in your ability to get us last minute tickets."

"Alright, I get it," He tells me. "But wait until we get to the lake house, that'll definitely impress you."

I don't know how to respond because I can't tell if he means that in a sexual way or not. I don't think that he means it in that way but since we have this unspoken agreement that we're going to sleep together this weekend, that's immediately what I think of.

I think Dante can tell what I'm thinking because after I don't respond, he adds, "It's pretty big."

"What?" I ask him in shock that he'd just say that.

He laughs at me. "The lake house."

I lightly shove his shoulder and he laughs again. "Fuck you."

We pass a crowded casino and across the street, there are two scantily clad dancers taking pictures for tips. Attention grabbers are common on the strip from dancing girls to grown men dressed as robots, anything to get a few bucks because that's just how people survive in this city. I get an idea as we're passing it and so I stop Dante.