11- You sound jealous

Allegro is a really fancy restaurant which means that I had to borrow clothes from Denise. Sure, I do have fancy clothes of my own but I didn't bring them with me as Elisa because she's broke and can't afford nice clothes. I use my own skirt, a black leather mini skirt, but Denise helps out with a floral chiffon blouse and black suede heels that make my legs look a mile long. My dark wavy hair is over my shoulder with bobby pins in place to keep it that way.

The doctor who Denise has been talking to online is only a year older than her at 27 and the guy that he brought with him as my date, Cash, is a bit younger, still in his residency at the hospital that they both work at

The doctor who Denise has been talking to online is only a year older than her at 27 and the guy that he brought with him as my date, Cash, is a bit younger, still in his residency at the hospital that they both work at. Denise and I met the two guys at the hotel in the lobby before we introduced ourselves and then walked into the restaurant together. It was no fancy ride along in an Aston Martin but it'll do.

"So Denise said that you're in IT?" Cash asks me as we get our four-person table by the edge of the restaurant. I purposefully sit on the outside of the table facing the rest of the restaurant so that I can see when Dante gets here. I suggested that we meet here at 6:30 so that we're all settled in and it doesn't look suspicious when Dante arrives here at 7. I know that it sounds creepy that I'm basically stalking the guy, and it is creepy, but it really pisses me off that he just completely ignored me after our date last week.

I know that I should want him to ignore me because I don't actually want to go on another date with him. I don't want anything to do with him, really, but there's just a little part of me that disagrees completely with that statement and that little part of me is the part of me that is in total control right now. I want to see who this Sammi girl is and I apparently want to make an ass out of myself because I don't know what's even supposed to happen when Dante shows up. Am I going to say hi? Am I going to outlandishly flirt with Cash until Dante notices? That's such a trash bag thing to do but considering how crazy I'm acting right now, I wouldn't put it past myself.

"Yes," I finally answer Cash with a small nod. "I just started working IT for the casino."

"How do you like that?"

"It's okay, I guess," I respond as the waiter returns to the table with our waters as he takes other drink orders. I just stick with the water for now. "It pays the bills so it's good."

"Denise said that you're from Kentucky?" The older one, Bryan, says. "What made you come to Las Vegas?"

"I just wanted a change of scenery," I tell them. "And I figured if the technology thing fell through, I could always become a dancer."

"You'd be a great dancer," Cash tells me and I smile politely at him because I'm sure that he was complimenting me.

"Being a doctor in Vegas has to be interesting," I change the subject. "I mean, you have to get a ton of weird ER stories, right?"

"Yeah, we've had a few," He confirms with a small laugh. "I've been surprised at the number of things people can get stuck up their butt."

That makes me laugh and Denise laughs too, Bryan just nods in agreement that they've had to dig a lot of stuff out of people's butts. I'm not too surprised by that though, a lot of crazy shit happens in Vegas. A lot of people on vacation, drinking a lot of alcohol, feeling reckless when they gamble away all of their money, they're ready to make memories. Memories that they, ironically, probably won't even remember in the morning.