Chapter 25

Chapter 25

The pharmacy was busy. Good thing that the gang was at the beach just playing around. I didn't want them to see me coming out of a Walgreens carrying a pregnancy test.

I grip the bag tightly, nervous whenever it's the time to take the test. Zac wasn't with me to tell me it's ok or don't worry. He had to go back to find out if the cops were searching for us.

I look at my phone with worry. He hasn't called nor texted since this morning.

That morning sensation he brought me really lightened up my mood.

I take a deep breath as I skidded my sandals on the pavement, back to the beach.

+++++++++

"Cathy!" Vicky calls out to me, running soaking wet from the salty water.

I turn around to smile and wave as she catches up to me. "You having fun?" I yelled back.

She stops as she takes deep breaths and nods happily, a wide grin spreading across her sunburned cheeks.

"Come on and join!" She jumps around, "I haven't even hung out with you yet!"

I look to the water to spot the girls tanning on the beach towels and the boys playing around in the water.

With the decision I made, I let out a sigh and nod with a shy smile.

"Ok let's get going!" She says. Taking my wrist and pulling me to the beach house.

++++++++++

We enter in, the place a mess from me and Zac's doings.

Whoopsy.

"Man it's a mess in here," Vicky comments as she rummages through her suitcase.

I bite my lip and nod. "I agree to that," my shaky voice screaming out nervous.

Her eyebrow raises in curiosity as she spots the clothes and underwear scattered on the ground.

The heat of my cheeks burn as she turns back to me with her hand on her hip.

"What exactly did you and Zac do last night?" She questioned.

I play with my hair nervously. "Um," I mumbled, "we had a nice dinner."

She leans on the other hip and switches her hand to the other side. "After," she spat.

A groan leaves my lips as I start to explain. "We," I paused for an awkward silence, "made love?"

Vicky's hardened face turned soft, and laughed. My expression shoots confusion at her.

"You had sex you mean?" She chuckles.

I nod slightly. Her laughing continues, she leans downward and back up. "Oh man," she says wiping away the tears forming in her eyes, "did you use any condom?"

I bite my lip and look downward embarrassed. The laughing stops and footsteps approach. Her hand lays on my shoulder, her face close to mine.

"You did right?" She repeats.

I hold up the bag slowly as I look at her, my face turning in a cherry by now.

Vicky's mouth gapes open. Her surprised face only makes me more embarrassed.

"Really?" She silently spoke. I nod once again and pull the item out of the bag. Her hand grabs at it and examine the box.

"Oh my fucking god," she whispers and looks at me, a smile forming on her lips. "That's so cute!" She squeals.