Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Son of the owner of Nike murdered!

The body of Kevin Jack is found dead in his apartment building. Neck snapped, bruised, and bloodied face. His motorcycle that he owns and designed himself has not been found but only a beat-up, rusty bike remains at the scene. Police are still on the search for the murder. No eye witnesses were reviewed yet nor any tracks are found of where he/she might be. If you have any clue of what has happened, please contact the police at get to us as soon as possible!

My eyes studies the newspaper, being one of those eye witnesses. I lick my lips and look at the phone. I can't call them. Zac has done so much for me, why should I do this to him?

I set the paper down for my father to read. It has now been a week since that incident, the memory of the horrible scene haunts my dreams. My nightmares have consists of Zac snapping my neck or strangling, and him banging me.

My mind is one messed up piece of shit.

The weather outside is a sunny and cool breeze, just enough to feel relaxed in the Spring. With all these pleasant thoughts in mind, I took my feet and walked outside.

Once I opened the door, I could feel the freedom just coming from the wind. It combs through my hair as I stand on the stairs. I closed my eyes and take in the warm afternoon.

"Hey." Zac's voice appears from down below.

I reopen and smile, seeing him in a white t-shirt and black jeans.

My feet walk steadily down the creaking steps, my heart pounding faster at each step I take towards him.

I haven't seem him since that motor ride home.

++++++++

My hair untangles as it flies through the wind. I rest my head on his masculine shoulder blades, the sound of the motorcycle blaring my ear drums, closing my eyes as I keep my arms firmly around him.

"Cathy?" Zac yelled over the engine.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"I really am sorry, Cathy," he started out, "I have fallen in love with you. So deeply in love that I forgot about Lauren. She lived in New York for a long time and we talked but only about once a month."

My eyes spilt open at his explanation.

"So please, forgive me if I ha- no. That I have hurt you that way."

My eyes started to tear up. I bury my face into his black jacket, making it soak with my salty tears. "I a-already have!" I choked back.

"We are almost home." He says as we pull into the apartment complex.

Home sweet home, I thought chuckling.

We park somewhere far down away from our apartments, so if the cops find the body and went searching for the bike, they would search there and not here.

"Well good night, Zac," I smiled as I started up the stairs, "thanks for saving my ass once again."

"Wait!" He yells out to me, grabbing my hand.

My cheeks fluttered a red.

He looks up at me as I stand on the first step, his warm breath pouring out onto my exposed neck, the goodebumps starting to rise.