Chapter 2

The blaring music from downstairs shakes my room while I try to study in peace. But, apparently, the neighbor didn't think so. I clench my pencil tightly trying to concentrate on the math problem that waits for my answer. "That's it," I slammed my pencil onto my desk and push my chair straight out.

Just before I walk out of the apartment, I look at my drunken dad. Sleeping peacefully on the recliner with a beer can on the floor. I shake my head in disgust, "You dirty old bastard." I whisper chuckling a little as I leave the apartment quietly.

The music played louder as I came closer to the door of this new neighbor. He better turn that fucking thing down, I thought.

With my hand clenched in a fist, I slam it onto the door. I wait for the music to turn down or something, but nothing happened. I was about to knock again until I heard locks being undone from the other side.

The door opened to a tall, laid back man who smelled of alcohol. Great, another apartment with the same smell as mine. I was about to complain until my eyes reached his face.

That face looked so familiar as I studied it, but I couldn't make out where I had seen it before. The man raises an eyebrow at me as he takes a sip of his beer in a bottle. "You need something madam?"

His voice deep and soft, making the goosebumps on my arm rise. Then it hit me like a pan in the face. The cyclist from earlier today was him.

My mouth gapes open as I try to speak, but the words escape my mouth with no sound. A laugh roars from his mouth as he leans on the door frame. "What's wrong with you? Never seen a guy before?"

"N-no! It's just I saw you earlier today and I was just surprised that's all." I tried to say as clearly as I could. Now he looked interested. "Is that so, sweetheart?" He chuckled as his eyes searched my figure, "Well why are you here?"

I had almost forgotten. Once I got back to reality, I heard the music blaring once again. The anger I had before started to boil up.

"Your music! I'm trying to study and do homework but your music is causing an earthquake up in my room!" I yelled over the music. He laughed, "You don't have to yell. I can hear you perfectly, sweetheart. Come in and I'll turn it down." He said as he opened the door wider for my entrance. I looked at him with my I- don't-trust-you eyes. But there was something about him that made me interested in him, wanting to know more about him and his life. With that, I took the invatation and entered the man cave.

He shut the door behind and held up a finger as he left the room, moving towards the sound of the music.

My eyes searched around the room to find pictures of naked models posing and different rock band posters all over the place. What trash, I scoffed.

The music then stopped and I heard approaching footsteps of his coming back. He walked right in front of me, towering over me. He smirked as he took a step closer and I took one back.

"Would you like anything to drink?" He asked softly. I gulped but my throat did seem a bit dry, I nodded nervously. He nodded back in reassurance and left me alone once again.

This time, I took my chance to look at more private stuff. I went to a desk by the door with some picture frames displayed. There were three.

The first one was a grown man in a tuxedo and a beautiful young woman dressed in white. "It must've been his parents when they got married," I thought, because the picture was burnt on some corners.

The second was of a what looked like a five-year old girl with curly and short blonde hair. Her eyes were brown and cheeks were rosy-red. "Little sister?" I questioned myself.

The third was of a teenage boy with boxing gloves held up in front of him. He looks just like the man that lives in this house now. "Him younger?" I asked myself as I gently put the picture frame down.

My heart almost stops when I feel arms wrap around my stomach and a hard chest pressing against my back. I stood frozen. I heard the guy smell something, and I felt my hair being nuzzled by a nose. He was smelling my hair? What a perv. I thought in disgust.

I tried to fight and struggle but he was holding me too tight. "Get the fuck off perv!" I yelled still struggling. "Not until you say 'Please,'sweetheart." He whispered into my ear.

"You won't mind if I do this now would you?" He said devishly and tilted my head back, exposing my neck. With swift movements, he lightly brushed his soft lips up my neck. He was fucking teasing me, and I won't have it!

Chills went up my spine but I was still mad at him. He continued and I clenched my teeth but somehow I let out a soft moan. I gasp and cover my mouth with my cheeks flaring red. What the hell was that? I couldn't believe what I did.

A snicker filled my ear, "You aroused by that? You want me don't you, buttercup?" He whispers as his hand slides down my stomach to the lower parts of my body. Hovering over my private part.

"Let go of me dammit!" I struggled again but he held on, and even tighter than before, just like a snake would.

"Please," I asked with more of a demand than a question. His grip loosened and let me free. I turned around and back away into the couch. "Hey sweetheart calm down. I'm not going to hurt you, I swear." He said with his right hand raised and a smirk planted on. I didn't want to trust him, but my gut and the idiotic part of my brain wanted to.

"I have to go," I said sternly, and started to walk toward the door until he grabbed my arm. I winced and took it back. His face was full of concern now. "Are you ok?" He asked to reach out to me again but I flinched away.

My eyes started to blur again. I shook my head rapidly and turned the door knob. But as I opened the door, it quickly shut again. His face was right in mine, his eyes were pure and full of worry. His humungous hand was placed on the door to shut it.

"Did a man hurt you?" He asked softly. My eyes widened, "How di-"

"I heard yelling and crashing upstairs of a girl's voice and a grown male. Was that you and a man?" At that moment he was looking down upon me. My back being supported by the door, head titled back to see his face, and his hands on each side of the door that somehow gave me warmth.

I shook my head once again and started to cry. "Leave me be!" I said. Opening the door once again to leave this place to get back to my home of hell. "Wait!" He called out. I stopped at the stairs to listen. The silence was filled with the crickets making their music at night, setting the mood of calmness. "What's your name?" He asked. I gulped back my tears, "C-Cathy Willgreen." I stuttered out. He smiled, "Cathy. Beautiful name, sweetheart. I'm Zac Joelin."

Zac Joelin. I've heard that name somewhere. I gave a small smile and nodded, sniffling back the boogers that were dripping out of my nose, "A pleasure to meet you," I said and before he could reply, I dash up the creaking stairs into my apartment.

All night in my bed, I kept thinking, should I trust this new guy? Zac Joelin? Is he a good guy or bad guy?