Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Cathy?" A whisper spoke into my ear as my arm is nudged by someone's finger. "Cathy are you awake?" It spoke again. This time my heavy eyelids opened to reveal that my literature teacher was poking me awake. "Cathy it's time to switch classes," she spoke louder now.

I lift my head up, feeling like it weighs at least 500 pounds and looked at the clock. 10:45 a.m. My brain is more awake now. In a hurry, I collected all my books and walked out of the classroom not making any eye contact with the staring students or teacher.

With my eyes still feeling heavy, I decided to splash some water on my face so my brain could wake up more and not fall asleep in the next class.

I was up all night thinking about Saturday. The party, the sexual sensation, the truth behind Zac's past, and the nose kiss. I couldn't forget it all. It was impossible.

When I looked into the mirror, a shadow walks behind me. I gasped and turned around, shocked to find none only Jane behind me. I held my beating heart and took deep breaths, "Shit Jane you scared me!" I whispered. She shrugs, "Sorry. Didn't mean it."

Jane walks up to the mirror next to me and leans on the sink, "Where were you Saturday?" She asked casually,

I couldn't tell her everything, I needed to keep my reputation in this damned school. I smiled and chuckled, "I got kidnapped by this new neighbor of mine." Jane looked shocked. She suddenly started touching me and patting me down all over the place.

"Jane what the hell?" I whispered. She turns me back around to face her, she looked at me dead in the eye, "Who did this?" She asked shakingly.

She looked worried over me, "My new neighbor. He was that guy we saw riding his bike on Friday. The hot one you drueled all over?" I described, trying to not get her as worried. "You son of a lucky bitch!" She said laughing and smiling, "what's his name?"

I licked my lips. His name fitted him so well. Zac, demanding, sexy, badass, but sweet and thoughtful. "Zac." I muttered.

Jane's face turned from joyful into worry once again, "Not Zac Joelin right?"

My heart felt like it completely stopped, "N-no! I don't know his full name! Why is Zac Joelin such a worrying name?" She scoffs and takes out her phone and starts to tap something.

After she was done, she showed me a picture from the online newspaper. With the title, "Zac Joelin strikes again!"

Reading the article, it says that Zac has stolen $550,000 from the local bank and killed 3 girls at a country club. His usual teqnique is to lure girls into private rooms and suffocate them by strangling. Knowing this fact seeing how each victim he has killed is in a private room, and the bruises and hickeys show his luring and hand strangling.

Looking at the picture, the guy looked like Zac but with a cigarate in his mouth. And long shaggy hair with a snap back on. Must've been Zac a year or two back.

My neck started to hurt from all the biting he did that night. I stepped back and hit my head against the wall. I didn't care about the pain that wall brought to my head. I wanted him and that memory gone. I just wanted to pound my head more on the wall.

Jane holds my head and her eyes are full of concern, "You ok? That sounded like it hurt." I rub the back of my head and look into the mirror. Once my eyes laid onto my neck, the bruises from Zac's bites started to appear, the make-up is fading away.

I can't let her see these. She will think I lost my virginity to my "new neighbor."

My hands grab my books and my arm supports holding them upright. "I have to go but I'll see you at lunch, Jane! Bye!" I paniced as I left the bathroom and went down the hallway.

As I was just about to enter the right classroom, the little secretary of the front desk comes up to me, tapping her clipboard with her pencil, "Someone is here to pick you up." I looked at her, thinking she got the wrong girl. "A neighbor of yours saying your father had a stroke and is in the hospital now. I'd say get everything ready, and get to the hospital as quickly as you can."

Having no idea what is going on, I packed my things and traveled to the front desk. The first person I see leaning on the desk is none other but Zac Joelin. I glared at him and he gives me a smirk.

"I'm here to pick you up," he acted out, "your dad is in the hospital and we need to go quickly!" He said as he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the school into the parking lot where a black Jaguar car is waiting for our arrival. Not very surprised since he is a thief for stealing a shit load of money.

He opened the passenger's door for me and smiled, "Thank me later sweetheart." Zac said before I climbed in. I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I entered the vehicle. Zac sat in the driver's seat and started the engine. It roared to life, making the seats vibrate which gave me a tinglely feeling in my toes. After the engine warmed up, we went off driving into the streets.

"What was all that for?" I asked with annoyance in my tone. No answer escaped his lips. The whole car ride was silent to the apartments. If I am his next victim, I will kill him before he can lay any hands on me.

Once we finally got to our two homes, he stopped the engine and turned his body to me. I looked at him, straight in the eye. But making eye contact with this distracted squirrel is nearly impossible. He searches my body and bites his lip with the pleasure he sees.

My heart beat was going out of control. Being in a car with a murder and looking as sexy as he is, it's pretty damn hard to control your feeling of hate and love towards him.

"I wanted to bail you out of school, that's all." Zac smirked. "Why?" I asked. He unbuckled himself and put his face up to mine, "get in the back." He demanded softly. "N-no!" I yelled, "I am not following your damn orders."

His fist clenches and let out a big breath, he repeated, "Get in the back." I shook my head repeatedly and backed up against my car door.

Is he going to kill me? I feared.

"Last chance. Get in the back." A pulsing vein was appearing on his neck of how annoyed he is getting with me.

Any smart girl who would want to save their life from a murder would hop in the back and do what he says. But I had a death wish. I just wanted to do what I rightfully wanted without a man bossing my life around. Like my old bastard always did.

With one swift move, Zac steps over to my side and is hovering over me and my body. Before I could push him off, his hand reaches for the lever and pulls it, reclining the chair. My body bounces and I gasp in surprise with all this happening at once.

His body hovers over mine as he puts one hand on the back of the chair to support his weight. And the other hand is tangled in my hair, exposing my neck once again. He stares at my neck, studying it. Looking at the damage he has caused that night.

They started to ache in pain again. But they stopped after he laid the fingers that were in my hair, on my neck of where the bruises were. His touch was electrifying and warm. I shivered down to my toes and closed my eyes, his hand started stroking my neck and I bit my lip.

Please don't stop.

When I opened my eyes, I saw him looking at me with sorrowful eyes. Zac then parts his lips a little and lays them on my warm cheek.

My face heated red. What is he planning? Is he going to kill me?

But no. It was none of those. These words remained a surprise at this moment.

He whisper softly, "I'm sorry."