Chapter 12

Chapter 12

What I felt in that moment, was betrayal, loneliness, and jealousy. My heart has just been ripped out by this man. This man was Zac Joelin. We had so much time together, but it seems like it's my time to leave him and his girlfriend. I cringed at the thought. To move along in their lives as one big happy fucking family.

"Cathy you ok?" Zac asked.

My eye center back towards them. His arm around Lauren's skinny little waist.

I put my mask on and give a great big Barbie smile. "Yes I'm fine. I'm just tired." I acted out a yawn.

Zac raised an eyebrow at me and mouthed, "I'm sorry."

I'm sorry. Is that what he could've said while hiding behind his girlfriend's back? I'm sorry can just be a brush off the shoulder, don't give a shit, apology. Then there is the meaning full sorry. Where it takes singing a song to or buying something for that person will make them accept it. His sorry was just not giving no shits.

"Well you're welcome to sleep on the couch!" Lauren said sparkling.

Am I some pet now?

"Thank you but," I pause, giving a cold ice glare into his eyes, "I will be leaving now."

His eyes sparkled a mix of sorrow and.. Guilt?

I studied the skinny twigged Lauren standing by him. Her brunette flippy pixie haircut, her dark green eyes and freckles spotting her nose.

With jealousy building up in me, I kept my mask on and walked out the door. Turning back around to their concerned faces, I let out a breath and put on a bigger plastic smile. "Have a great day," the tears started to choke my voice, "and may it be f-filled with sm-smiles and happ-pp-iness."

I walked stiffly up the stairs, hearing Lauren's last words whisper into Zac's ear, "Someone must be on their period."

I gave a silent gruff of anger left my mouth, but kept my plastic smile on.

Through the my apartment, I walked with the plastic smile. Not even blinking.

Because I thought if I kept smiling, my worries would go away and I would be much happier. But this smile is torching me. Burning my cheeks from its rising corners of my mouth. The tears I choke back are rising in my throat. My heart feeling heavy with loneliness and sorrow.

Once I reached my room and closed the door. I let out my emotions. My plastic smile turned into a tear-stained cry, making my head throb with pain as the tears streaked down my cheek.

My back skidded down the door. My face turning the same color as my puffy eyes. Cradling myself with head between my legs, I wailed with pain from this experience.

The sad part is, Zac wasn't there to wipe away my hot tears. It was just me, and my broken heart upon the floor.

++++++++++

After a while of literally crying my eyes out till they were dry, I decided to go out with Jane and have some girl time.

"So you and that new neighbor of yours went out a couple of times," Jane said adding up the calculations, "and you find out he has a girlfriend?" I nodded and confirmed her question to a yes.

She sneered, "what an ass hole."

"But he was so kind and thoughtful when I was hurt," I said defending him. I stopped and stared at the ground.

Why am I trying to defend this guy?

"He maybe kind and sweet but he was an injury from the start." She stated. She put her hand on my shoulder and smiles, trying to cheer me up.