Into the dream - Part V

Hi, thank you so much for the comments & the stars and it was really emotional to write this mini emison story, glad that you felt the same reading it ^^... well like you know this is a mini story and this is the last part of this story called 'into the dream'; so this chapter will start immediately after the ending of part four... Enjoy ^^ and as always any comment is welcome ^^ thanks!

Into the dream – Part V (last part/ending)

(NY 2012, Christmas' eve)

6 years apart, 72 months trying to erase her from her heart, 2190 days living, pretending to have a good life without Alison, without her true love and as destiny was playing its cards; that amount of time could just increase in an exponential way and the just thought of it, it was really scary, it was terrifying because, the brunette has seen it, she has touched, she has felt it, she has lived it... God! She has flown so many miles just chasing it... the dream... her perfect lovely life, her happily ever after with her precious Queen... a Queen that right now was with a foot on the other side... a side where Emily couldn't reach her, a side from where there would not be way back, a side that could put a permanent barrier between the mermaid and her Queen...

Emily had imagined different scenarios of how their encounter it could be, of how she would once again meet the love of her life... but between the infinity possibilities, she never, never pictured this... she never wished for this... to find her like this... blooding to death...

There are painful moments that wrench the soul, that hurt like hell, that get deeply engraved into the memory and this was definitely one of them... Emily knew it, she could feel it and if this would be her last moment with the blonde, it would definitely create an open wound that the brunette would burden with her for the rest of her life.

Calling 911, putting pressure on the wound with her jacket... that was the only thing that Emily was able to do at that moment... well that and just constantly cursing herself for all the time apart, for how blind she was, of how she just walked away, leaving her alone, alone in this hostile world... Tears and sobs were coming from Emily as she was just so overwhelmed by the guilt, by the regret, by all the love that she was feeling for the blonde that was lying down on the ground...

Emily cried. – "Oh God! This is my fault! I should have never left you... I should have turned back when I saw you crying... I should have read your letters..." (Sobs & tears) "If I just... If I just knew that you loved me at that time... I would have never walked away..."

'Should'... 'if'... there are no more painful words than those two... imaging, dreaming for a better reality, imaging going back on time and redo... undo... erasing all the regretful actions of the past; just picturing all that, it's painful because it can't happen, it will never happen and Emily knew it but even then, she couldn't avoid to constantly overwhelm her mind with those two words...

With one hand making pressure on the wound, the brunette used her free hand to hold Alison's hand, she hold it as tight as possible, she hold it as a scared kid that refuse to let go because that's how she was feeling, she wasn't ready to let her go, to lose her, no now... no never again... so she needed to express it, she needed that Alison felt it too... that she will not let her go... that she was there, that her charming killer was finally there for her, to be her knight in shining armor, to be her loyal friend, her companion, her lover, her mermaid, her sweet Emily...

Emily couldn't do anything else besides grip on Alison's hand, to squeeze it, just trying on being her anchor on the side of the livings... and the blonde felt it, she felt the warm touch on her hand, the constant calling of the mermaid and something strong just dragging her back on the side of the livings, something so strong that just gave her enough strength to open her eyes once again...