Princess Lucy and the Cookie Monster (part 3)

Final part of the sleepover. Enjoy.

-

Lauren woke up from Lucy's nightmares again. Her best friend was crying. Lauren rubbed her arm and held her close. "O'ay?"

"I with you, yes," Lucy answered, snuggling close to the younger girl.

Lauren smile and pulled her close. "W-we go s'ide?"

Lucy frowned. "You scawed?"

"'ake 'ou 'appy," Lauren answered, smiling.

Lucy sighed and pressed herself against the other girl. "Love you Lauwie."

"'ove 'ou 'oo 'uce," Lauren whispered, before falling asleep.

-

Dinah flipped through the channels. She stopped on Wreck It Ralph. Both girls were eating cereal on the ground. Once they saw the film, they stopped talking and started to watch it

Dinah sat back and ate her own cereal. The other girls were still sleeping. She looked at Lauren, to see a look of awe on her face. Those moments made Dinah sad. Lauren shouldn't have a look of awe when she sees everyday things. It just showed what her parents kept from her.

Lauren pulled at Dinah's leg. "'andy?"

"You want candy?"

Lauren nodded. "'es. 'andy. Pee?"

"Please," Dinah said, smiling at the girl.

Lauren frowned. "P-p'ease?"

"We'll get both of you candy," Dinah said, feeling pride.

"Ma, I," Lauren started, before looking at Lucy. "I wan' s'ide."

"You want to go on a slide?"

"'es."

"But you don't like them," Dinah said confused. She watched as Lucy put her bowl down and grabbed Lauren's hand.

Lucy got Lauren's attention and shook her head.

Lauren turned back to Dinah. "I 'o wanna be s'awed."

"You don't have to if you don't want to," Dinah tried, frowning her eyebrows.

"I 'aves 'ou an' Mommy an' Mama an' Mami an' 'uce. I be o'ay," Lauren said, nodding her head.

"You no have to," Lucy said, shaking her head.

"I 'aves 'oo."

Dinah moved so she was sitting on the ground with the girls. "Why do you have to?"

"I, I p'otect P'incess 'ucy's. I be 'igh-n-kn," Lauren stuttered, frowning.

"Knight?"

"'es, I be P'incess 'ucy's knigh'. I 'ave 'o feaw," Lauren said, grinning.

Dinah awed and shook her head. "Okay. We'll go to the park later. You'll beat the slide."

Lauren nodded her head. "I bea' s'ide."

Dinah laughed and shook her head. "All right children. Finish you cereal so we can wake everyone."

Both girls started to shovel the food into their mouths.

Dinah smirked.

-

Camila looked up at Lauren, who had paled. Lucy was holding her hand. "It 'kay Lauwie, I hewe."

Lauren nodded. She took a step towards the slide. Very slowly, she sat down. She looked around before taking a deep breath.