"I'm actually gonna go grab myself a coffee from a nearby Starbucks." I internally praised myself for remembering the Starbucks that was only a 5 minute walk away.

"Oh. Well I'll come with you." Camila smiled, locking the car and taking a couple of steps towards me before stopping abruptly, probably dedicating the change of emotion in my face.

"I mean, if you want me to." She continued, not wanting to disturb my evening I imagine.

"No! No, I do. I'd love some company." I replied a little too enthusiastically.

We made our way to the Starbucks. Our arms would graze one another every now and then and I would almost lose my shit when I'd feel her bare skin come into contact with mine. Why was I so attracted to this girl?

After ordering the drinks, I reached into my backpack to get out her purse.

"Hey no, my treat." Camila stated, placing her hand over mine in attempt to stop my movements. We argued for a couple of seconds before she practically forced me to oblige and we went to sit down. She took off her denim jacket and I cursed myself for staring at the girls flattering figure. I decided to keep my baggy grey American Apparel on.

"So what made you open up shop?" I asked curiously after taking a sip of my Caramel Frappachino, it was the only drink I liked from here.

"My mother passed away the other year and she always had a thing for flowers. We used to wander into florists and just admire the flowers. I always told her when I was young that I'd have my own florist one day. So I set my heart on it and here I am." Camila answered with a small smile though her eyes were fixed on her cup, her finger circling the rim.

"I'm sorry to hear that. It's great that you managed to open your own business though." I praised as I examined her face, trying to take in every aspect.

"Yeah, for now. I just need to pray that I survive the first year." Camila added, looking up at the ceiling as though she was trying to get a message through to God.

"I'm pretty sure you will. You've designed it so beautifully that it's just genuinely appealing to the eye. Once people see how inviting your persona is too they'll immediately feel welcome to go in and explore." I stated honestly, furrowing my eyebrows as I tried to fathom the right words for the compliment. It had apparently worked out because Camila's cheeks had gone a light shade of red and she took her bottom lip into the mouth (which I tried my best not to be attracted to).

"Thank you, Lauren. That means a lot." She said faintly and her eyes appeared to be glassy for a moment. I didn't know whether it was tears or the light reflecting in them.

"That's okay." I grinned, taking another sip of my drink and chewing on the straw.

Camila's lips dropped to my mouth for a minute. I thought it might be because I was chewing on my straw, maybe she didn't like it. I took my lips off it and pursed them but she was still staring and I could swear I noticed a slight smirk.

The moment ended and we must've sat for a good hour talking about business and everyday life before Camila yawned and I checked the time.

"Damn, it's 7. Do you wanna get going?" I asked, getting ready to reach for my backpack.

"Oh, sure okay." Camila responded, though it seemed hesitant.

-

Stood outside the door, I placed my hands in my pocket with a sigh.

"Well, I walk straight on from here." I said matter-of-factly, nodding my head in the direction of my shoebox apartment.

"I'll head back to my car now then." Camila lifted up her keys slightly and appeared to be nervous.

It was that kind of moment in time where you're unsure whether to hug the person you're with or not, but the growing silence was just starting to make the situation even more awkward.

With that thought in mind, I nodded to myself before stepping forward and embracing the brunette in a hug.

1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, break.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Camila flashed me a bright smile and I was glad the hug hadn't overstepped any boundaries she may have had.

"You will indeed." I chuckled before taking a few steps back.

"See ya." She called before turning on her heels and walking in the opposite direction, causing me to do the same.

I pursed my lips and smiled, looking up at the sky and thanking my lucky stars for the good hour and 30 minutes I just spent with Camila.

---

A/N: I know this isn't an update but I should be publishing Chapter 3 tomorrow!

Have a nice night x

- f.t