Chapter 2:

Lauren's POV:

"Great work today, Jauregui. I'll see you tomorrow." Luis called to me as I was gathering my stuff and tying my hair in a pony.

"Thanks, Luis. I'll see you tomorrow." I replied before giving him the peace sign and heading out just in time to see Camila closing her store. I didn't know whether or not I should stop and say hi. I assumed it would be too weird; so I just continued to walk and placed my earphones in. I must have had the music on for about 3 Mississippi's before I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder which caused me to spin around and take out my earphones.

"Oh, hey Camila." I said nonchalantly.

"Hi! How was work?" The brunette asked, her voice soft but slightly hoarse. It made me temporarily wonder if she perhaps got a lot of calls today over orders, or got a fair amount of customers and needed to be rather vibrant. She started to steadily walk alongside me...guess we were walking together then.

"It was good. I had about four clients in today. Which is quite good actually because all of them needed like two hours of work doing. How was your day?" I questioned, trying to ignore my heart beating a little faster than usual. I was praying it was just because of the fast-tempo music I'd had playing in my earphones before she had come over.

"It wasn't too bad. I had quite a few clients in today myself. I guess all that hardcore promo paid off." She laughed; causing her to lean into me slightly and making me flinch at the unexpected contact.

"Not too bad for your first day then." I smiled brightly and Camila politely reciprocated.

"Wow. Is the view this beautiful every time you walk home?" She spoke again after a few silent minutes went by and I followed her gaze towards the sunset. The beach was empty now, nothing but seagulls nibbling on left over crumbs from the people who had been there during the day. The sun was kissing the sea as it began to hide itself from the busy people of Miami.

"Yeah, it kind of is." I smiled at the view, the sky changing into a light purple and the clouds becoming a darkish pink.

"That's so beautiful." Camila whispered, her breath hitting my neck as we had subconsciously stopped to admire the sight before us. The sudden gush of hot air caused me to turn my gaze towards the smaller woman next to me and our eyes suddenly met. I cleared my throat and swallowed hard as the short moment of intimacy ended and we started walking along the sidewalk again.

"Well, here's my ride." Camila announced as we now stood on a busy sidewalk away from the quiet and comfortableness of the beach. She took her keys out her purse and I wasn't surprised to see her unlocking the grey Audi A1 which suited her so well. I kind of felt a slight disappointment in my chest after realising that she wouldn't be walking the rest of the way with me after all.

"Ah. Right." I chuckled a little, kicking some loose stones on the pavement beneath my feet and tried to hide my now low-mood. The thought of walking the rest of the way home by myself didn't seem too appealing now that I knew Camila could be accompanying me.

"Are you not driving?" Camila asked, raising an eyebrow and fumbling with her keys.

"Nah. I only live a couple of blocks away." I licked my lips and got ready to unravel my earphones which were currently in my pocket.

"I can give you a lift if you like?" She gestured towards her car with her hand.

I felt my heart begin to speed up again slightly at the suggestion and I could feel my lips forming an 'O' shape.

"I-I urm," I tried to think of away to avoid the situation. I wouldn't be able to handle being in such a tight space with Camila; not only was she too attractive but I also didn't know her well enough to be comfortable.