Chapter Twenty Six

Levi's POV

"Your one of them."

"L-Levi.." she stopped, she looked away, trying not to look at me. "I'm not! It was a one time thing I promise, I've never released that side of me again, just the anguish I felt with my family being torn from me was to much for me to bear, I believe pain can drive the strongest of us, insane." She ended looking back up at me. I crossed my arms, angrily.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I demand, scolding her through my eyes.

"I knew it wasn't gonna happen again so I tried to forget and let go of it. I didn't want to remember being one of those things, it was hard enough for me to bare the fact that I was. Trust me; I would never hurt anyone except for those disgusting creatures, please believe me." She begged grabbing my arms. I didn't say anything, I merely looked at her, and my eyes said everything.

"I love you." She whispered, "I promise to never leave your side, no matter the reason, no matter the cause, you are forever in my heart and I sworn to protect you with everything that I have." She says softly, I pull her into a hug, my arm around her waist while my other resting on her head, which was in my shoulder.

"(F/N), you've given me so many reasons to live for, that I don't know why I haven't married you."

-Flash back-
"Isabel!" I shout through the house in search for her.

"What up bro!" She comes rushing out from the corner, Farlan close behind.

"We need more food, I was thinking of sneaking up to the above ground to steal this time." I crossed my arms, staring at them emotionlessly. Their eyes widened at me,

"Bro! You can't go up there! You'll be caught!" Isabel shouted, pleading me not to go. Farlan stayed silent in the back.

"Isabel, he'll fine, he's strong. Plus we'll get some good food out of it." He chuckled, wrapping his arm around Isabel in a friendly way.

"I'll be going now, and I'll return ok brats?" I grabbed my coat and swung it over my shoulders. They nodded at me not before engulfing me in a tight hug. "Tch" I loosely wrapped an arm around them before they released.  I walked towards the door, grasping the cold handle in my hand I twisted it open, walking through, people were standing all around the steps, I walked down the middle, down the steps.

I walked a little ways before I made it to the entrance of the surface. I grabbed the five dollars I had stolen from the guy down the street out of my pocket before pulling my hood up to hide my identity. I handed the man who stood at the entrance the money and he let me through. I looked up at the blazing sky, my eyes not adjusting right away, I blinked a few times. I began to make my way through the crowd, keep my hood up. I bumped into someone with a green cape almost right away. I looked up a little ways and saw a women with (H/C) hair, that was tied up in a tight pony tail, her piercing (E/C) eyes looking at me. She was a little shorter than me which make me smirk for once I wasn't the shortest person alive, tch.

"Sorry, sir." She spoke in her velvet voice, it ran off her tongue like honey off a spoon.

"Tch, watch where your going." even though it was certainly all my fault I bumped into her, but I wasn't gonna be the one to be blamed. Her eyes widened and she turned and walked away. I saw as she turned that she was apart of the survey corps, I watched as she catches up to a very tall man with blonde hair that was pulled back, I could tell by the way he looked at her that their was something between them. How strange, how can they love in a terrible world like this?

That wasn't the last time I saw that girl, later that night as I was rummaging through an unsuspecting clerks cart, I saw her, patrol by with that same man on her side. I crutched down, not needing to be seen by her again. I stuffed all the food I had stolen in my pockets and in my shirt before backing away slowly into the corner. I stood and walked casually back towards the underground, where I soon found out she was going there as well. I groan in frustration as I'm following a few feet away. They pay their way in and as I get up to the man he stops me.

"Five dollars sir." He commands. I keep my head low, ignoring him I go to move past him once more and he stops me again. "Your not going through without five dollars." I saw that the girl and the man stopped and turned around a looked at me. Shit I was making a scene. I stopped and turned.

"Tch, I live down there." I growled pushing his hand away.

"You still need to pay five dollars sir, kings rules." He spoke without hesitation.

"I'm sorry is there a problem here?" The girl spoke, walking back up the steps, the man following behind her.

"Fuck off." I spat at her, I heard her gasp slightly.

"Is that any way to talk to a soldier." The man she was with angrily growled at me. I rolled my eyes under my hood and I turned and walked away, hiding in the darkness until I could safely sneak back in.

-

I walked through the door of my home, late at night, I flicked the light on and I saw Isabel and Farlan sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"The fuck are you guys still up for?" I ask setting the food I scored on the table.

"We had to make sure you came home alright." Farlan responded standing up and examining all the fruits and meats I had gotten.

"Yeah bro, we can't have you go missing now. A few more minutes and we were going to go out to find you." Isabel smiled laying down, her arms over her head. 

"Tch, you don't wanna do that. There are two soldiers from the survey corps down here." I told them, sliding my coat off my shoulders, hanging it back up on the hook.

"Why are they here?" They ask.

"Who knows"