Chapter Ten

Life has been complete hell. I can't sleep at night, my mind is always somewhere else. I haven't gotten any of my paperwork done, and it's all piling up. I just can't seem to focus on anything but him. Petra has ruined my life and I have absolutely no care in the world if she died. I would be fine.

I carried myself to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, makeup found itself running down my face. I was disgusted with myself so much that I haven't left my room since I told Levi I couldn't love him.

Hanji has been giving me food through my door for the past few days and I couldn't be more thankful for her. But our expedition is in under a week and I have to train with my squad that is coming back from Garrison in a day or so.

A knock sounded at my door and slowly made my way over to it. I opened the door and was engulfed into a hug. I was shocked as he back away and I saw who it was.

"Gunther?" I asked eyes wide, why was he here?

"I'm sorry corporal but I heard a few things, and I wanted to run them past you." He smiled warmly at me. I returned the smile and he walked over and sat down on my bed. He patted the empty spot next to him and I walked and sat down next to him putting my hands in my lap.

"I heard Petra is threatening you." My eyes widened and I turned to Gunter.

"How did you find out?" I asked my voice in a slight whisper. He took a deep breath in and spoke.

"She asked Eld and I if and I quote, 'has that bitch laid off Levi yet?', when me and Eld asked her what she meant she told us what had happened and about the mob. I was speechless on how she could do that, especially to a higher up." He took a breath and continued. "She told us also that her father was the leader of the mob and he had thousands of men at the ready. We believed her until she said something that made a think for a second. "She said that her fathers name was Manson. But the military police know for a fact that the mob leaders name is Frauns." My mind was a blur, not from crying and weeping over Levi's words. But of anger that this wench lied to me and I took her seriously.

"Thank you Gunther." I said coldly standing up and walking out of the door. Shits about to go down.

~Time Skip, Mess Hall~

I peered around the corner, laughs and conversation echoed through the halls. My eyes landed on Petra siting next to Levi. My eyes glazed over with glass. I walked out around the corner straight towards her. She glanced at me and placed her hand over Levi's Which was laying on the table.

I stopped my breathing hitching in my throat.
My eyes lit with fire and I glared at her with nothing but hatred in my eyes. I walked right over them and slammed my hands down on the wooden table. The glass plates making a clattering sound.

"What do you want brat?" Levi said with venom in his voice. My heart cracked.

"Petra Ral, you lying snake." I growled grabbing her by her collar and lifting her up and then almost immediately slamming her into wooden floor.
She cringed in pain as I dug my knee into her stomach.

"I should kill you for threatening a superior." I spat in her face. "But that will not suffice, I want you to be miserable just like you made me. I want you to feel the pain." With every word I spoke I became angrier, my blood boiled.

She laughed manically.

"Have you forgotten?" She spoke in a wicked voice. I glared at her tightening my grip on her collar.

"Oh that's right you daddy? The mob leader?" I asked in a joyful voice. She glared. I laughed in her face.
Levi stood up and walked over to us putting his hand on my shoulder.
His touch, that contact I've missed; even if it was just a touch on the shoulder, it could make my knees buckle.

"Get off." He spoke. That voice. I looked over my shoulder at his stoic face. Our eyes connected and a tears built up in my eyes which I shook away quickly. I turned back around to Petra and grabbed her by the neck and lifted her up and slammed her against the wall.

"You lying, conniving bitch. I know your dad isn't actual the mob leader. You said your dads name was Manson, correct." She glared and nodded.
I leaned towards her ear whispered,
"Wrong."

Her face went pale and I griped her throat tighter. Gunther and Eld walked up behind me and I turned around and handed Petra over to them.

"Take her to the basement." My voice held hatred. They nodded and cuffed her and pushed her forwards.
They disappeared around the corner and everyone in the mess hall began to clap and stand. I looked around and frowned, how can a room be so full and yet still feel empty?
Levi had left and I was determined to find him and make it up to him. I search the whole base until I saw him, sitting on a bench on the edge of the woods. I smiled and walked over to him. His eyes were closed, but as a leaf crunched under my feet his right eye opened and then both opened.
He stood up and walked over to me.
I looked up into his cold, empty eyes, I was in love with this man and no bitch was gonna take him away.

"I'm sorry Levi..." I bowed my head. He held my chin and pulled my face to meet his gaze. He turned his head slightly and leaned in connecting our lips. A chill ran up my spine and I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my hands in his hair.

"I Missed you, Brat." He breathed pulling away. I smiled and moved a strand of his Raven black hair out of his eyes.

"I missed you a lot more than you think." I said pulling him back into a kiss. He pulled away once more.

"I didn't mean what I said, I have always love you." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and kiss me already." He smirked and pulled me into a kiss.

What if Petra's dad really is the mobs leader after all? If that's the case were fucked. But I'm willing to take that chance if it means I have Levi fighting those bastards by my side.