Daniel Ricciardo - See him again

Começar do início

"Y/N, hey!" Simon, Daniel's engineer, greets me.

"Here, some headphones. Now enjoy the race," Stuart says as he puts some headphones on my head. I sigh, knowing I'll never win this fight. I'll just watch the race and sneak off when the race is over. They won't notice anyway, it's always chaos, especially with a podium finish.

He did it! He finished on the podium! P2! I'm so happy for him, he really deserves this. The team is off to the podium to celebrate, but I walk to other way, towards the exit. He can't know I'm here, he just can't.

But then I hear his name being called and I catch myself walking to the podium. I just want to see him on the podium, even if it's just for a second. I watch as he gets handed his trophy. I watch him spray the champagne over the team and on the other drivers. Then it's time for the podium interviews. I see him looking around and suddenly, his eye falls on me. I know he sees me because his expression completely changes. His smile disappears and he looks at me surprised, shocked.

But he can't go anywhere, he needs to answer some questions first. I quickly walk away, but it's not that easy to get away through the huge amount of people that have gathered around the podium. By the time I make my way to the paddock and towards the exit, the podium ceremony is already over.

"Y/N! Please wait!" I hear Daniel call out and I freeze. I don't turn around, I can't. I know that if I turn around, all my plans for how this day would go are lost. I feel his hand on my arm and it feels as if my skin is on fire. Nothing has changed.

"Please, look at me," Daniel pleads and I can't help but turn around. I look into his beautiful brown eyes and everything comes back to me. All the feelings, all the memories.

"Hey," I whisper, not knowing what else to say.

"You're here."

"I had to see you."

"Why did you run away?"

"I didn't want you to see me."

"I missed you, so much," Daniel says, which is exactly what I didn't want him to say.

"I missed you too," I say, which is enough for Daniel to press his lips to mine. It feels like coming home. I missed this feeling, I missed his arms around me. I missed him.

"Be with me," Daniel says after pulling away.

"I can't, we broke up for a reason."

"It was a stupid reason, I've regretted that day ever since it happened. I need you in my life Y/N."

"Nothing has changed, we're both still very busy."

"Everything has changed. I now know what it's like to live my life without you and I don't want that anymore. Please, be with me again. I love you."

"I love you too," I can't help but say. Daniel looks at me with a pleading look on his face.

"Please, Y/N."

"I can't handle another broken heart."

"Never again, I promise."

"Okay."

"Okay? Yes?"

"Yes, I'll be with you," I say, making Daniel smile widely. He picks me up and twirls me around before pressing his lips against mine.

"I love you."

"I love you too Dan."

"Come on," Daniel says as he takes my hand. He drags me back to the garage, where his entire team is.

"Hey Y/N, where did you run off to?" Stuart says, but I don't get the chance to answer.

"Hey everyone listen up!" Daniel calls out, making his team look at him.

"Please, no," I whisper, but Daniel ignores me.

"We're going out tonight, we have to celebrate! Not just the podium, but the fact that I got the love of my life back!" Daniel says as he holds our hands up in the air, making his entire team cheer. They all congratulate us before going back to work.

"And we're celebrating later tonight," Daniel whispers in my ear, making me blush. This man can still drive me crazy. Nothing has changed. And I hope it never will.  

If you want to request a one shot, you can pm me :) Just tell me which driver and what you want the one shot to be about!! Nothing is off limits, if I find it too uncomfortable to write, I'll let you know and we'll figure something out ;)

One shots are the only thing I'm currently posting, so I'm trying to post as often as I can! Don't forget to vote for this one shot and let me know your thoughts about it! And feel free to send me your request!

Love Evy

Instagram: readracewrite

f>l"]