"Speaking of which..." Damien stands up in his chair and goes to the front of the restaurant where the rest of his family has just walked in. I stand up too and am surprised to see Damien's parents.

"I thought it was just Dan, Tony, Suzy, and Cole who were coming?" I asked Taylor.

"Aunt Heather wasn't sure if her and Uncle George would be able to make it but I guess they did."

I make eye contact with Suzy first and glides around all the chars and tables to wrap me in a hug.

She looks radiant in her midnight blue dress and gold heels. The dress is knee-length with a satiny finish that she splays out and sparkles on the bottom. Her perfume smells like warm vanilla and makes me smile. "Happy birthday Amber!" She gives me a kiss on the cheek and hands me a large blue party bag.

Her grin is contagious and I find myself smiling involuntarily. "Suzy, you didn't have to."

"Oh hush." She pats me on the shoulder and goes to greet the rest of the boys, taking a seat next to Sammy who greets her enthusiastically.

"There's the birthday girl." Heather grins a motherly smile, engulfing me in a hug that smells like rosemary and mint. "Happy sweet sixteen, honey."

"Thank you so much for coming," I whisper into her shoulder.

"Of course." She reassured me. "We wouldn't miss this for the world. Right, George?" Her tone is light but leaves no room for argument as she turns to look at her husband who has come to stand next to her, his hands in his pocket. He's wearing a dark wool turtleneck sweater and black suit pants with ankle boots. Over his arm is a slim blazer he must have been wearing before he took off. Heather looks beautiful in an elegant navy blue cocktail dress that reaches to the knees. She wears a shawl to make up for the thin straps and a pair of silver heels. Her blonde hair is twisted away from her face so that it cascades around her neck and out to her shoulders.

George gives me a small nod at his wife's look. We're not having a Brady bunch moment but at least he isn't regarding me in the same manner as he would towards gum on the bottom of his shoe.

"Thank you," I said.

"Looks like the whole gang is finally here." I turn where Damien is looking. Along with Damien's brothers, Victoria, Jules and Gustavo have also walked in.

Jules is the first to grab me, knocking all the breath out of me in his choking hold. "Happy birthday love." He whispers for my ears only.

"Jules..." There's a tinge of sadness in his voice that cracks my heart and I feel the tears burn at the back of my eyes.

I will not cry. I will not cry.

I cannot cry.

Victoria comes to stand next to us. She's wearing a flower corsage on her wrist and a ruby red dress that flares out from her waist. A pearl necklace grazes her neck and red lipstick dons her lips.

She looks beautiful. Like a rose. But this rose is wilting. I can see it in her eyes and the way she silently waits for Jules to loosen his grip. She takes my hand to give me a corsage, tying it around my wrist. Then she hugs me just like Jules did.

"Bon anniversaire." The sadness in her voice is a quiet reminder of the contract I have bound myself to. A contract I chose to abide by but not willingly.

Gustavo keeps his distance. His hands are in his suit pockets, creating a shield between us. He tries to smile but it doesn't reach his eyes.

I almost break down right then and there. I'm truly realizing the mess I'm putting myself in by letting KY's threats hurt me. Even though I'm doing this to protect the people I love, I still end up hurting them.

I don't know which is worse. Either way they still get hurt because of me.

_____________________________________

Hello lovelies! Sorry for this long overdue update. Hope you all liked it. Let me know what you thinking this chapter and what will happen in the next chapter. I think I may end it with the next chapter and start the sequel for you guys.

Here are the girls dresses btw, which I LOVE.

Taylor's dress

Suzy's dress

Heather's dress

Heather's dress

Victoria's dress

Victoria's dress