Parents' Day (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"And where did she learn that, Allyson?" Patricia asked, frowning.

"Funny story," Ally said, smiling, "we got two-way baby monitors."

Jerry laughed. "She heard you and Normani, didn't she?"

Ally felt her cheeks darken. She nodded.

Lauren swung her legs as they talked. "Mama, 'ookies?" she asked, pointing to Jerry.

"We'll go there," Ally said, nodding her head.

Lauren grinned, an excited look on her face.

That look was one of Ally's favorite expression, and Lauren was her child.

-

"Hi Lauren, I am Grandma Sinu and this is Grandpa Alejandro."

"G'amma 'inu, G'anpa Alelan'o," Lauren said, nodding her head. She stared at the bag Alejandro was holding.

"Mami, pwesen'?" Lauren asked, pointing at the bag, looking at Camila.

Camila turned to her parents.

"She's our first grandchild. We want to give her something," Alejandro said, placing the bag in front of Lauren.

"'nk 'ou." The young girl opened it, and took out a few records. She looked up, frowning. She brought it up to her mouth and tried to bite it.

"No," Camila said, pushing it away. "These play music."

"'usi'?"

"Music," Camila whispered, nodding her head.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Camila sang, smiling.

Lauren clapped. "'gain. 'gain Mami."

Camila sang again.

"Have you been teaching her?" Sinu asked, a soft smile on her face.

"Yeah. The toy piano in the living room, it's hers. She plays it. And we try to teach her other words."

Alejandro nodded. "Like what?"

"Bish!"

"Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao," Sinu scolded.

"I didn't mean to teach her that word. I just said it and she was there," Camila said, not wanting to be trouble. She may be an adult, but she was scared of her mother. She was a scary woman.

"'ove 'ou Mami," Lauren said, smiling.

"I love you too Lolo."

-

Normani pulled Lauren into her lap. She intertwined her fingers over the girl's stomach. Normani felt Lauren poke her fingers.

"Hello Lauren," Andrea said, smiling. "I'm Grandma Andrea, and this is-"

"I'm Grandpa Derrick, Green Monster."

Lauren giggled. "G'amma Anny, G'anpa 'ewwick."

"We got you something," Derrick said, smiling. He gave Lauren the bag.

"'nk 'ou," Lauren told him, grabbing the box. She looked up at Normani. "'pen?"

"Open it sweetie," she told her daughter.

Daughter, Normani was happy to think that.

"Mommy, 'ala," Lauren said, holding up a Lion King book. She looked up at her, excited. She placed her book on the side. She took out another book. Seven Little Monkeys. Lauren took other books out, most of them Disney Princesses. She then smiled at Normani's parents.

"You guys have a sweet little girl," Andrea said, smiling at Lauren.

"'ou 'ice 'oo," Lauren said, nodding.

"Why thank you," she said.

Lauren nodded her head. She then went to poke Normani's hand again.

Normani and her parents started to have a conversation, when Lauren perked up. She leaned over to her side and grabbed the Lion King book. She squirmed until she was standing on the ground. Normani watched as Lauren walked to her father.

"'ead 'ow me?" Lauren asked, handing him the book.

"Of course Green Monster."

"'Si'? Lauren asked, pointing to his lap.

Derrick nodded. Normani watched Lauren sit on her father's lap lap, place her head over his heart. Normani watched as her father read the story to Lauren in different voices.

She caught her mother's eyes, both of them smiling at each other.

Halfway though the story, Lauren fell asleep. Normani's father didn't move, not wanting to wake her up. After their thirty minutes were up, Ally walked up to the Hamiltons and sat on Normani's lap.

"Did she get you in trouble?" Ally asked, looking at her fiancée.

"What? She got you guys in trouble?"

"Well, me and Camila. But we shouldn't be the only ones," Ally said, nodding.

"What?"

"I mean, she learned the f-word from you," Ally said, playing with the ring in Normani's hand.

"What?" Andrea asked, sitting up.

"M-mom," Normani whispered wide. She turned to glare at Ally.

"Oops?"

-

"'ammy," Lauren said, pointing the the hamburger. Normani watched as all the grandfathers ran to get her what she wanted. Alejandro got one to her first.

"'nk 'ou," she said, giving him her smile.

The smile that melted all the grandfathers.

Lauren grabbed her hamburger and took a bite out of it. All the condiments smeared on her face, as she enjoyed the food.

Now, the grandmothers rushed to clean it off.

Normani, Ally, Dinah, and Camila were enjoying it, and Lauren seemed to be enjoying it too. She had more attention too. She had her mothers, grandparents, and even Shawn and Austin at the palm of her hand, even if she didn't know it.

They all ate, having fun. Lauren yawned again, not having a real nap. Normani stood up. "It's my turn to put Lauren to bed, I'll be right back."

Normani picked Lauren, who wrapped her arms around her neck, and her legs around her waist. She laid her head on her shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Stay awake honey, we're almost in your room. We are going to get you changed and then you can go to sleep."

Lauren yawned. "O'ay."

Normani changed her and placed her on the bed. She sat down on the chair next to her bed. Lauren grabbed a book and gave it to Normani. "'ead?"

Normani nodded. She grabbed the book and opened it. She sat back and laughed when she saw which one she was reading.

"Seven little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head," she read, smiling.

Lauren gasped, sitting up. "'o."

"No, Lo, they weren't hurt. Their mama called the doctor, and the doctor said, no more monkeys jumping on the bed. He was okay."

Lauren sighed, nodding. She laid back down.

"Six little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head."

Lauren shook her head. "'ummy."

Normani laughed. She continued the story. By the time she reached to three monkeys, Lauren was asleep. Normani closed the book and tucked the girl in. She kissed her cheek.

"Mommy loves you Lauren. Mommy, Mama, Mami and Ma. All your grandpas and grandmas. We all love you. You complete us."

-

Now, the moment you guys are waiting for. Laucy (friendship) is next up.