Chapter 97 - Miss, Isn't This Bad?

Miss Tinesia stands in the arena. Her black robes and jet-black hair fluttering in the air make her look like a brave warrior ready to fight for the glory of her country.

Miss Fantasia on the other hand... how to say it... she looks like a pampered young miss attending a festival? She's wearing a bright red dress now. Yes now, it looks like she's changing attire every match. There's a layer of makeup on her face and holden accessories in her hair.

... It's hard to believe she's supposedly the strongest among the youngest generation.

"Are you both ready?" The referee asks the two misses.

"Ready." Miss Tinesia says after she pulled out a saber from her scabbard.
"Yes." Miss Fantasia says with a smile on her face, a fancy sword appearing in front of her from thin air.

On the contrary to Miss Tinesia's brutal-looking sword, Miss Fantasia's sword looks like a fancy toothpick.

Confirming the answers of the two misses, the referee nods.

"Fight!" And shouts.

The moment, the referee started the match, Miss Tinesia's and Miss Fantasia's figures disappeared.

... Cough, excuse me, Miss.
I can't see a thing.

"Awuu..." I can only let out a sigh.

How am I supposed to see Miss Tinesia's gallant figure when I can't see a thing.
I can only hear the sounds of swords clashing against each other.

Mmmuuh... this is so boring...

"Faint slash from the right."
"Move behind to stab."

"Awu?" Is Miss saying what's happening? Nnn... thank you Miss, but that is also boring...

"Kick with her left leg, follow-up with an overhead slash if successful."

N? If? What do you mean by if?
Are you trying to guess someone's movements?

"You have figured it out?" Mommy suddenly asks.
"I did. I'm not sure why it's like that, though." Miss answers while tilting her head.
"Haah..." Mommy sighs deeply.
"It's her Master's movements. The technique he's teaching her has to be followed to the last word until mastered. Repetition. Only after being able to execute the basic movements flawlessly, she can move freely. Well, if you have figured it out... there's no way Fantasia wouldn't, right?"

What is Mommy saying?
Miss Tinesia's movements are following a pattern that she can't break?
What will happen if she breaks it? Why can't she break it? If she's moving in the same pattern every time, why wasn't she defeated before?
I don't understand.
But... Miss, isn't this bad?

If Miss Tinesia moves in the same exact pattern.
If Miss Fantasia already knows that pattern.
If Miss Fantasia is supposedly the strongest person in this competition.
Doesn't that mean the result of the match has been decided even before it starte-

"Winner, Fantasia!

Even before I could finish my thoughts, Miss Tinesia was laying motionlessly on the ground, the sleeves of her robes ripped, blood flowing from her arms...